MQTT ESPHome/ESP32 Alarm Keypad with Screen

Hello,
“#” is great to use. :slight_smile:

I’ve pushed some updates :slight_smile: you’ll need to update esphome and the blueprint.

With the new configs it sounds like you want the below esphome config:

key_delete_one_pin_entry: ""

key_advanced_1: "*"
  key_advanced_2: "#"

advanced_command_1: "alarm_disarm_extra_1"
  advanced_command_2: "noalarm_extra_2"

For the blueprint config, clear/delete the actions for
action_disarm / Extra actions to run on keypad disarm

Then put in your door action with the {{ keypad_code }} template variable in both:
action_extra_1 / Extra actions to run with '_extra_1’
action_extra_2 / Extra actions to run with '_extra_2’

Hello, its working…i was thinking, but realized later that if press “#” i could open garage door at any time, no key_code. Even if alarm was in home or away mode, or disarmed. “#” was always active to open and close. Strange… :slight_smile:

Ah, does your door itself not actually require a code to be opened?
What is the integration/device?

Unfortunately I can’t “verify” the code at all with this setup, just pass it on to something else to verify it, in my case alarmo verifies the key code for my alarm.

I know there are ‘locks’ and in HA and if you’re using a lock, it can have the same pin functionality as alarms

My garage door is very simple, its a ESP32, controlling a relay that “short” the open/close button for a second. and i have only a button on my GUI to control it.
I using alarmo also, working fine, I only had problems with my PIR sensors, false trigging, but i found the problem, seams that some has oxide on the sensor, so washing with cotton pin och isopropanol solved the problem.

1 Like

Just a small note for anyone using this who has upgraded to 2023.8

I haven’t upgraded yet so I’m not sure how the new MQTT entity naming affects this if you’re starting fresh with new entity_id’s…

I should be able to upgrade in the next couple of weeks and fix the config files if needed

1 Like

Hi
I want to build this keypad by my own but a little bit different. I want to use this (DEBO TOUCH 16CH: Entwicklerboards - Touch-Pad, 16 Tasten, kapazitiv, TTP229 bei reichelt elektronik)
key pad instead. Is this possible?
And can you post a circuit diagram so that I know how to wire everything up
Lg Laurin

It won’t work with my code I’m afraid, the component works quite differently: TTP229 Capacitive Touch Sensor — ESPHome

I’m all self taught so I don’t really know how to do circuit diagrams :slight_smile:

For the LEDs I just wired all the grounds together and stuck resistors on the pos pins - I’ve changed them a couple of times to lower the brightness but I think I’m using between 300-500 Ohm now. You then connect them to the pins as defined in your config.

The rest of it is all connected as defined by your pin config (screen, keypad etc) and I use jumper headers soldered together for ground bars connected to one ESP pin

1 Like

Hi
But why doesn’t it work why your code.
Can you post a link for your keypad

So I have to build this part (TTP229 Capacitive Touch Sensor — ESPHome) between esp32 and my keypad and ad the lines of code which are also in the link.
Is that right?

Post a link for which part? The links are all in the top post I think

I honestly don’t really know how that touch pad or the esphome component work, but at a first look it’s very different to the components I’m using here

Ok than I will look how it works

Sorry I’ve just now realised when you said “keypad” you meant the actual keypad part and not the whole unit :upside_down_face:

Here’s a couple of links for it

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32967641612.html

1 Like

@TheHolyRoger, thanks for all the work, almost have it working.
1 thing i dont understand, do i neef to create button and Light entities separately in HA?
At thuis moment, when i disarm via the keyboard, my whole HA instance freezes and the reboot. The errors i see are the missing button/Light entities for the alarm but im not sure what the meaning is of these.
Thanks

Can you DM me your config and any logs you have?

1 Like

Fixed, I didn’t use the right Entity prefix in the automation. Now it works absolutely perfect!

Thanks.
Alex

1 Like

@TheHolyRoger,

After some testing of this code I’ve got a few questions/request

• The code contains 5 LED connections but in your device only 4 are connected. Which one is not used?

• The display shows pending/armed/etc, Would it also be possible to show the errors, for instance when trying to arm while sensors not ready?

• The current Lovelace Alarm card shows for each of the different alarms if it can be armed (green dot) or if it’s not ready to arm (red dot). Would it be possible to show that info also on the alarm display?

• I would like to add a buzzer to the enclosure, that is beeping when arming and during entry delay. But how to do this?

Thanks!
Alex