Mr. Silence Full Inverter Pool Heater?

I am trying to add my Fairland Inver-X heat pump using the Tuya Local method described by @Mikkaat .
When I add the integration, it connects to the device (correct ip, device ID and local key) but it does not give me an Auto option. I can only select simple_switch (see screenshot).

I assume this heat pump is not supported by this Tuya Local repo? Is it possible to add support or is there any other path I can try?
Thx!

I had this issue at the start… make sure you follow the process mapped out in this post Mr. Silence Full Inverter Pool Heater? - #7 by Mikkaat

ALSO, the LocalTuya integration add the Tuya Local integration are two different integrations… make sure you are trying this with the right one. It is the Tuya Local integration which should be used for this.

Hope this helps

I just added a BWT HI-HC 85 pool heater using the Tuya Local integration. Seems to be working perfect :slight_smile:

Please and Mr.Silence work also with this integration?

Hi all,

I am not understand how I can migrate from the App to Local Tuya, I am using the InverGo app, but how do I add that to HA?
Can someone explain that step please, do I need to work with Tuya Smart app, if so, how can I add my heat pump in there?

Hi,
I tried to use pin P1,P2 for running water pump, but in the situation, when set temperature=actual temperature Mr. Silence is in “standby mode”, but switch P1,P2 is still ON and pump is still running :frowning: .
So, if you have integrated Mr. Silence in HA, do you have some automation to run Mr. Silence & water pump? Stop pump when temperature is ok and run again when HVAC want to heat again…

As per the manual of the heat pump, the pump will continue to run for approx 2 min after reaching set temperature. I have found they like to go above set temp before they consider the temp “reached”. Usually by 0.5 deg- so a setting of 25 degree C will usually keep the pump running until it reads 25.5 or so then stops the heat pump. I guess this is to make sure the desired temp is actually achieved due to losses etc.

Then once that’s done, pump continues running while heat pump shuts down, and once complete the pump will shut off. I have found in reality this shutdown process takes approx 5 minutes or less. After this, the pump runs periodically for 2 minutes to check the pool temp. Hope this helps.

Hi all, first I’d like to thank all of you for the awesome integration!!!

I’d like to compare inlet and outlet temperatures and switch between silent and boost mode.

Can someone point out where to look / how to add values? I am quite new with HA (coming from Symcon).

Any chance somebody can point out the direction to look at on this?

I do not believe that the inlet and outlet temperatures (both) are sent out.

You could have a look on the Tuya developer site and see which DPS value are provided in there.

I have grabbed all of my data from the Tuyapi and there is nothing in there that relates

Craig

I came accross this item and thought maybe good to share my experience with a Fairland Heatpump. Even I do not use HomeAssistent I think the info can be usefull. Fairland was very helpfull and send me Modbus documents about the coils/registers etc. You can get the error status, running speed, inlet/outlet temp. Also set the required temp setting, running mode and switch it on/off

Details can be found here
https://www.domoticz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=38835

Great work on this - thanks for putting it all together - did you find that you could leave their WIFI controller running as well - or did you do a complete bypass by unpugging it ?

Craig

For my Fairland it is still connected to my Guest WIFI network. But without this Wifi connection the modbus also works. But in my case modbus and the app are still working.

2 Likes

thanks for that - thats great news

I have ordered the same Modbus devices you are using as they look quite neat and will implement this once they arrive.

I use Node red for my system so will probably use that instead to talk Modbus to the device

Craig

I have tried to add my Aquark Mr. silence to Home Assistant but i can only turn it on and off.

The pump is added in the Tuya app and in that app I can control the heatpump perfectly.

I also connected my Tuya account to Home Assistant and I can control lights etc. Also the heatpump is showing and turning on and off works, but changing the temperature doesn’t (also reading current temperature doesn’t show anything).

When changing the temperature I get this error message:

Kan service climate/set_temperature niet aanroepen. Entity climate.inverter_pool_heat_pump does not support this service.

The translation (done by me so the original message can be different:

Cannot call service climate/set_temperature. Entity climate.inverter_pool_heat_pump does not support this service.

Is the Madimack Tuya control able to set the output level, or is just on/off?

Yes, i have a Madimack Elite V3 and works perfectly, including adjusting the power level. I have is turn on when we have lots of solar power and water temp is <30degs. I used Tuya Local.
I use the Ecowitt floating water temp gauge for the water temp sensor, you can’t rely on the Madimack output temp, as it’s not in the pool.

Inspiring! My heat pump arrives on Wednesday. I hope I can set it up as well as you have. What you’ve done with your solar is exactly what i’m imagining.

Good tip regarding the madimack temperature gauge. Where/how did you mount the ecowitt? Did you consider making your own with esphome?

I didn’t consider making my own temp gauge (have done lots with ESPs before) because the Ecowitt gateway connects my weather station as well. The Ecowitt water temp gauge is great because it is completely a sealed floating gauge, it would be hard to build something

this waterproof.

1 Like