Multiple ESPHome fingerprint sensors

Hey All,

I have successfully implemented a fingerprint sensor to control my garage door, more or less following this guide :
:oncoming_automobile: Garage Fingerprint Sensor - Share your Projects! - Home Assistant Community (home-assistant.io)

Now I want to add a second fingerprint sensor to control another door. As you can see in the YAML code from the guide, we create some services to allow adding/removing fingerprints. For my second sensor, I probably need to do this as well, but how would I make the differentiation between the services for my first sensor and the new one?
If I try to change the name in the services, my YAML won’t compile.

Thanks in advance !
Tom

I’m not sure if fingerprint_grow is made for multiple fingerprint scanners, you would have to supply the fingerprint scanner id to the enroll call to specify which scanner you want to enroll for, but I don’t think that’s possible at the moment…

What’s your yaml?

But they are on 2 different ESP’s, so totally separated systems. would that not be possible ?

Oh that’s totally possible! You don’t have to change the logic for that, only the name of the ESP in the top of your yaml. The name of the esp is added before the service name, like you can see here, where my esp is named ‘garage’

Humm, that didn’t look like it worked for me, so I need to test that again. Thanks for the tip and I will report back when I got to test it.

Make sure you add the new ESP to Home Assistant as well, or otherwise you won’t see any new services there :wink:

I was just able to test the whole setup and everything works fine now. Not sure what went wrong intially but I got it up and running. Thanks for the advice!

1 Like