Multiple homes in the companion app

Must be phone-dependent - it definitely does NOT work on my OnePlus 7 Pro.

Sorry to hear that. This one is a Samsung Galaxy S21 with Android v.14 and the companion app is version 2023.9.2-full. Just in case this helps.

Hi, I have two homes/servers in my companion app. Iā€™m trying to find a way to show the right dashboard from a push notification. My use case is to show the surveillance video dashboard based on the location of the motion detection. I can do it for a home without problem, but Iā€™m unsure how to accomplish it with two homes.

If you have Nabu Casa or a fixed ip address you can use absolute URL. I had this exact issue with motion cameras on Home assistant one mile away on a different network ISP.

See Link to Blueprints: start import ā€“ My Home Assistant

The author added this for myself and others for exactly this reason, allowing you to prepend the full URL to get the image.

Although that is just for the image but it could be modified i would think.

Now, that said ā€¦ I went down your path at first. And I found that the performance of showing video on the remote server unusable. It was at least 10secs, sometimes 20secs behind and sometimes it just locked up.

I have Reolink cameras and the Android app for Reolink is super fast and live. So instead, using that blueprint I send out notifications to devices that has a screenshot. Clicking the notification launches the Reolink app (no worries at all about performance or which companion app you are pointed at). I can then take action either through Reolonk (speak, listen). And I can tell Assist or Alexa to open the gate which sends a webhook to the remote server which executes opening the gate. Can also do the same with lighting and such.