Multiple notify.events channels

It would be nice to be able to have multiple notify.events channels configured. I was hoping to use this for 2FA.

Off topic but not really…

I’m probably paranoid but I have a twinge giving my credit card info over the internet to an unverified company that I have no way to know if it’s safe.

What has been your experience? How do you pay for the services?

I’m not 100% sure what you mean. I currently use the free plan for Notify.Events.
This is my current setup:

HA -----SMTP Notification-----> Notify.Events -----Webhook-----> GroupMe Bot -----GroupMe SMS-----> My Phone

This enables me to use up to 300 notifications per month. So far this has worked out very well.

OK, thanks for the reply.

I think I’ve decided that I’m going to use Twilio instead tho.

Did you ever figure this out with multiple channels? Was hoping to be able to notify multiple people depending on the event via their sms… Seems like you can only add one notify.event/token…

I was able to create multiple channels by using the SMTP integration in Home Assistant and the Email source in Notify.Events.

In case anyone else comes across this like I did looking for an answer, using the email source does work, but I really preferred to not have to route it through an email server.

What I ended up doing, which worked better for me, was using the cURL source in Notify.Events.

I created a new shell_command service for each Notify.Events channel in Home Assistant by using the process referred to in this thread. Using the example simple notification from the Notify.Events cURL instruction combined with the info in the linked thread, this is what that looks like:

shell_command:
  notify_my_dad: >
    curl -X POST https://notify.events/api/v1/channel/source/*****stringofrandomnumbersprovidedbycURLpageonnotifyevents********/execute \
      -F 'text={{message}} **DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE**'

Now, when I want Home Assistant to send a SMS message to my dad, I call up the service like this:

service: shell_command.notify_my_dad
data:

I can put any text in the above data/message spot and it will text it via SMS to my dad. Note: I added a notice in the shell_command in my config to make sure it was clear that the recipient should not try to respond to the message.

1 Like

Works a treat, thanks. :+1:

1 Like