Multiple smart plug (TS011F) - polling interval and network traffic

Hi,

I have a bigger ZHA network running with about 100 devices and multiple smart plugs that i hoped to be able to use as routers and track the power consumption around the house.

I fear, that the network traffic the zigbee network is almost at a maximum (reports of ~85% utilization occured multiple times). I already moved the wifi away from the zigbee channel.
Besides the power report on the zigbee channel I find it hard with the standard tools to get a feeling for the traffic that is going on in the network and to distinguish actual traffic that the network generated from noise on the channel.
Is there anyway to just monitor the message or data rate of the coordinator and categorize it by e.g. device?

Back to the routers. They are
14x TS011F by _TZ3000_gjnozsaz
3x TS011F by _TZ3000_w0qqde0g

both are using the quirk
Quirk: zhaquirks.tuya.ts011f_plug.Plug

So far I understood, that there are push messages by the devices and I think in this case it is cluster 0x0702 for which I can also read and set the respective parameters that influence the pushing of messages by the device:
min_interval: 60
max_interval: 900
reportable_change: 10
tries: 3

this seems to be only energy (kWh delivered).

The cluster 0x0b04 seems to provide the values for voltage, current and power. There is no setting for the reporting (push) interval, so I guess that these values are collected by issuing pull request, correct?

How can I influence the frequency of these pull messages? I really would love to better understand and configure the traffic on the network. Or do I misunderstand sth?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Unless you’re seeing issues with devices dropping off or Zigbee commands not getting through, I wouldn’t worry too much about it.

That warning is simply a warning - if you’re doing your best to follow the best practices with regards to zigbee, then you can safely ignore it as long as everything’s working fine.

In your case, you seem to be doing whatever you can, and with 100 devices, 85% isn’t bad unless the ZHA diagnostics reports an actual usage which is much higher than that.

I have devices getting lost and commands being delayed or not getting through.

Are there tools to monitor the traffic?

Is there an option or variable of the power plugs to influence the polling interval?