Mushroom Cards - Build a beautiful dashboard easily šŸ„ (Part 1)

These are the sensors from places integration :slight_smile: https://github.com/custom-components/places
allowing to show exact location based on the device tracker

it is great, I;m monitoring my wife;s travel from work to home :wink:

1 Like

Does anyone know what the name of the SLIDER is? Using the code above is able to change the icon color, but I donā€™t know how to do slider and have been at this for almost a week.

Thatā€™s pretty awesome!!! Thank you againā€¦ I downloaded it installed it but itā€™s time for work so Iā€™ll have to play later :slight_smile:

Are you trying to change the slider color for the light control? - Try this;

mushroom-light-brightness-control {
          --slider-color: green !important;
          --slider-bg-color: grey !important;
        }
1 Like

no problem, happy to help!
You can show your result afterwards, maybe there are some other ideas we can get from your dashbooard :wink:

1 Like

Gotta get the styling under control hahahahha right now itā€™s totally verticalā€¦ need to get them horizontalā€¦ thatā€™s the ONE thing that always messes me upā€¦

Omg you have solved this for me lol thank you

One last thing, I can change the icon to match slider color successfully, but how can I had transparency to the circle glint around the icon so this still look exactly like a light card?

Got it . RGB(255, 255, 255, .2) Nvm. Thanks for the help with the name of the slider

1 Like

To any one that wants to know how to change the color of everything on a Mushroom Light Card, here it is. Because I couldnā€™t find this anywhere.

card_mod:
  style: |
    mushroom-shape-icon {
    --icon-color: rgba(255, 210, 153) !important;
    --shape-color: rgba(255, 210, 153, 0.2) !important;
     }
    mushroom-light-brightness-control {
          --slider-color: rgba(255, 210, 153) !important;
          --slider-bg-color: #333333 !important;
        }
9 Likes

nice work
can you share rest of your tabs

Hereā€™s my current dashboard.

The generation before it:

My older one:

1 Like

With the template card, is it possible to code the action (or other) methods? (For a specific logged in user)
Ive tried a few different formats with no success

hold_action:
  action: {%if user=='Joe'%}more-info{%else%}none{%endif%}

Why do you want to do this? Iā€™m curious because https://xyproblem.info/.

If that is in reference to my problem, then I can show you the 10 different ways Ive tried, but the first question is, is it possible?. The second is, if so, is there a working example you can share?

My question is what are you trying to make with this. You could always use a conditional card and have 2 different versions of the entire card, but thatā€™s for entities.

(Apologies - for clarity, conditional on the logged in user)
I didnt think the conditional card worked with the logged in user?

Yes, thatā€™s what I meant by

Anyway, could you please tell me why you want to do this? My guess is that you want to stop users from controlling stuff that they shouldnā€™t be able to control, but I really want to know what you would do with this.

Correct, I want to allow button press > more-info for some users (ie detect logged in user) and not others.
So customize what some users can see. Or am I missing something obvious?

Wait, is there such a thing as a guest user (a not logged in user) in your Home Assistant?

Can you change the mdi icon to a image in your local folder, if so how?
Thanks