Music Assistant 2.0: Your Music, Your Players

Are playlists limited to 49 songs?

You need to setup the optional ChatGPT powered voice functionality to get a play command. Then you need to set up some custom sentences to make join and unjoin work. See the docs for descriptions and examples for both

Current bug

1 Like
  1. MA connects to Spotify directly. You can add multiple accounts however all library items will be added to the one MA database. Any playlists you play will be played by the originating Spotify account.
  2. Linking and unlinking of speaker is supported. Whether it does it the same way as what you currently have you will have to try… You can have set groups of speakers and nest those. You can also link and unlink on the fly. Queue behaviour between those two options varies so read the docs on that.

Alex is not supported at the moment. However, for supported smart speakers announcement volume is highly configurable

Is there a way to play the music providers locally instead of streaming them? On a computer or you phone for example?

I’d like to listen to my library while at work

Also I have issues streaming to volumio, it connects but there is no sound, only clicking sounds

In the MA settings>>CORE>>WEBSERVER you can expose port 8095 to do what you want. This is not enabled by default for security. Do NOT expose this port to the Internet

1 Like

On your first question not at the moment.

I don’t know anything about Volumio but have a search on Discord. Here is one interesting post Discord.

Such a shame, I have Echo Studio’s and 5th Gen Dots and the sound quality is excellent. The suggested project doesn’t come close to the features of MA2.

I may be being stupid, but where is this? MA ui? Addon settings? Or custom integration settings?

In the Addon webpage. Cog icon top right.

Thanks. For completeness, then the weird icon that looks like an engine (it looks like the icon that lights up in my car when it is about to blow up)

2 Likes

Alright thanks, I’ll take a look

How about genres? I can’t find sort by genre anywhere :frowning:

Not yet but this is one of the features that will come soon now that the main functionality is working.

1 Like

Sound great, thanks for a really awesome addon! You’ve done a crazy great job! It was a long time since I looked forward to newer releases as now

I’ll be the first one to request the play locally feature then! That would if you ask me be a game changer, to collect all your music-sources and play them on your local device through HA :slight_smile:

I came to this after the cluster fuck that is the new Sonos app. Installation was a breeze, up and running in no time with Plex and YTM. Would be nice if Bandcamp could be supported so I can ditch the Sonos app completely.

If you mean play locally on the host running HA then you can do that by adding the squeezelite addon I Want To Stream To - Music Assistant

I’m not sure if that is what you mean, but you already can play music on a PC via the companion app. Still not possible on a phone though.

You mean the companion Web app installed through browser? How do you do that?

Best case I’d like a Web player in hassio/MA to output the Sound through any device locally

Isn’t that only for logitech devices?

No, I mean this.

1 Like