Music Assistant 2.0: Your Music, Your Players

Make sure you have the auto update turned off and you should be good. Only downside is having to ignore the update messages when they come in.

This version is not playing files to the end. Its cutting them off a couple of seconds short. TTS announcements also.
The good news is that the integration is updating the player status properly now.

You will need to come to GitHub or Discord for assistance. More details will be required. No one else is reporting this so far?

2 Likes

Hey, does someone know if that problem with the Snapcast Groups and Group Leaders is meant to be fixed in Version 2.1? I searched for Issues and found none but there were some Commits that looked like they could be meant to tackle this Problem :smile:

I updated yesterday and for me the problem still persists. No pressure btw just asking if there`s a Issue i oversaw i could follow or if i should open one myself :smile:

This is yet to be looked at

I have an issue with speaker groups: they load into MA but when i expand, my google home speaker seems absent. The google home speaker is available on it’s own, just not in groups. Google home speaker does play when i start the group through media browser in HA. In google (home) app, the group also works fine. This happens in multiple groups as shown in both screenshots. Any ideas?

I just had something similar happen after upgrading to 2.1.0 (no idea if it was the cause or not). No amount of restarting MA, the Chromecast provider or the physical device would fix it and I didn’t see anything in the logs. Right as I was about to give up (and revert to my MA backup), I started just turning all of the speakers in my group on/off in MA and at some point it ‘just started working’. Not very helpful, I know… :slight_smile:

You don’t say if you start playback to the group via MA if all the expected players start playing. If they do then it is a frontend issue.

only the ones showing start to play, google home stays silent…

it won’t hurt to try your solution… fingers crossed
edit: after 10 min of pushing on off nothing changed… so weird, because everything else works perfectly

Open an issue on GitHub then so we can look at it in more detail

Is there any free music provider other then local and radio browser ?

Jellyfin, Radio Browser, Tunein, Subsonic.

1 Like

EDIT:
I updated to 2.1.1 and After enabling the web server on port :8095. It appears going to the web server first fixed the HAOS page : :8123/d5369777_music_assistant/ingress
I did not enable the web server with 2.0.7 and 2.1.0.

Fixed:
After updating to 2.1.0 the radio browser keep refreshing, switching from one blank page with a spin wheel, then back to to Music assistant page with a spin wheel. Also after updating I lost all my saved stations from the radio browser.

I also tried it a vm test box and the same results.
What I’m doing is:
I’m going to the bottom right corner of Music assistant page “Browse”, then in the folder list I click “radiobrowser” Then “by Tag”. That is where the page just spins.
It happens with “by popularity” and “by country” as well.

I would love to use this integration, but would love Echo’s to work playing the music, this is the main reason i want to use this to play music I have at home.

2 Likes

i’m still looking to solve my issue with a dissapearing google home…(Music Assistant 2.0: Your Music, Your Players - #722 by ptrnmgr)
Is anyone here able to see (when expanding speaker group in MA) a first generation google home speaker in a speaker group?

curious why when viewing artist it has all sorts of other unrelated artist

all my stuff is meticulously tagged properly with beets and only music assistant seems confused Plex jellyfin all see correct stuff too

You will need to review the actual tag values and folder structure can be a factor if you have placed every album you have in one folder.

using lidarr structure

each artist has its own folder and then each album is in its own foldr

{Artist Name}{ (Artist Disambiguation)}

and each album is it’s own folder and each track is like this

{Artist Name} - {Album Type} - {Release Year} - {Album Title}{ (Album Disambiguation)}/{medium:00}{track:00} - {Track Title}

OK I haven’t heard of anyone with a folder structure like that so that might be it. You could so some experiments by moving them to just a artist/album/track format and see if that improves things. Remove the provider between tests (or reinstall MA) so the db is clear