Music Assistant 2.0: Your Music, Your Players

I mean text labels only for list view.

I read installation notes, but I was expected the same “magic” that HA has to discover chromecast device and setting to add it manually.

UPDATE: I temporary disabled firewall I MA discovered my speaker (I had to restart MA too), gonna check in the logs what is happening there.

Anyone else having this?

Just confirming that is not happening here.

Thx. Maybe will post on GitHub.

Do you mean album thumbs for artists? If so this has been fixed in rc1 but requires a complete rescan unfortunately. So all local and streaming (not radio) providers need to be removed to clear the db (or reinstall the addon) and then re-added.

Can someone remind me how to find the log that shows if an album / artist is added or not, or if it falls under Various Artist or something?

I have a couple albums getting skipped in the file share and I can’t find the log to see whats happening.

Much appreciated.

Go to MA SETTINGS>>CORE

Worked great, thank you.

PLAYLISTS: Am I misunderstanding MA playlists. Playlists keep getting created on their own, I’m not even sure how. Picture attached.

And I’m afraid if I remove them it will remove them from the library as well. I’ve only created 2 playlists with MA, one for dinner music and one for morning music. I know that there are some system-created playlists, but I believe I’ve switched that off.

They are not my Sonos playlists, I have 2 but they don’t seem to have been picked up which is fine.

Am I misunderstanding how the system creates playlists?

Playlists don’t get created on their own. I can’t tell what I am looking at in that screenshot?

What can I send that will help? It’s a screenshot of all the playlists.

In the alternative, how do I get rid of them and not lose them from the library?

Can you show the whole screen please. What it looks like is that there are playlist files on your drive where your music resides.

Looks like playlist files have been created for some of your albums. Quite a few rippers I have seen over the years have the option to create an M3U playlist when ripping an album from CD. They usually put them in the album folder. I think I’ve also seen this feature with tagging tools. Might even be turned on by default in some cases.

Interesting. I would like to remove those faulty playlists. How do I do that without removing their files from the library?

You hit the nail on the head. I had .cue and .m3u files mixed in with my music files. Good catch. I’ve removed them. Will the playlists disappear on a re-scan?

Just select “remove from library” for each playlist you don’t want. They might disappear on a rescan. I am not sure as I haven’t tried it but give it a go.

A re-synchronize got rid of them. Thanks so much for giving me that heads up. Now to create some new playlists!

1 Like

Using snapcast players it seems that Music Assistant isnt reporting the state of the player.
When playing, it will show as Idle or off and it doesnt report when it stops playing.
I had some TTS automations that worked real well by using the “wait for Trigger” set to “From Playing” so that it would turn off the player after the wait. If I didnt turn off the player it would start playing music or something immediately after the TTS played. Maybe thats another issue…

I made a short video of what I am talking about.
Running version 2024.7.1.b0 of teh integration.

Thanks we will have a look at the integration in due course. As for the TTS resuming that is a known problem being worked on.

1 Like