Music Assistant 2.0: Your Music, Your Players

This will get out of control here. Recommend coming to Discord and posting in the frontend channel

So I assume you have added them all as HA Media Players? If they are all on the same subnet and some are available and some not then go through the troubleshooting pages in the docs and open an issue on GitHub with all the requested information.

The one thing that I really feel needs more feedback to the user is which player is selected.

I click on a player in the list. Nothing happens. I have to go back to the home page to see if the player is actually selected.

1 Like

Well the box for that player expands. That I guess is the feedback at the moment

Yeah I know exactly what you are saying. However there are times you just need some young person to connect and to stop saying “your system is so retarded”.

Its ok, they’ll get bored and leave when the beer runs out, we can go back to our decent playback path.

Is there an analogue in option? I have a turntable…

Oh to be able to pipe it to the garage…

So I set MA up in a Docker container and I can play music from Spotify with my Slimproto-players (no HACS, no integration except the Slimproto-integration).

If I join my players they play in sync. If I skip to the next song in MA alls players go to the the next song properly. If I skip to the next song in HA only the selected player goes to the next one and the other players simply stop. With LMS this did not happen. Any advice or is this worth an issue?

If you don’t have the Integration then you can’t be targetting the MA player when you skip in HA so that is why it fails.

you can use icecast / darkice to stream it over the network and add it as radio url in MA

Did start up though…
Logger: custom_components.mass
Source: custom_components/mass/config_flow.py:167

But other then that a nice new addition again.

The fact that I could stop here and get music playing in minutes after clicking this and installing from my phone while watching TV and having dinner is a true testament to how well thought out and user friendly this is.

Well done to all contributors!

4 Likes

Alexa Media Player Players are Not working, it says set the anouncement to true. Any ideas here?

Spotifyplus doesnt Work too

Both comes with the homeassistent Media Player function

Alexa is not supported.

Spotify plus is a good question. I don’t think we have seen anyone with that before I will have to ask.

1 Like

Thank you, is much better than the original in my oppinion

I’ve been trying to get this to work so badly. Im using the Home Assistant companion app on Android to open Music Assistant but when I try to play it tells me that no player is selected, when I attempt to select a player it just won’t. I can turn on/off players and change the volume but that’s it.

Also, I’ve been trying to connect it to my Airsonic instance but it tells me that the rest API is incompatible. It also doesn’t detect any DLNA providers.

So far I was able to connect it to Spotify but that’s it. This looks so promising nevertheless!

I did all the setup in the HA mobile app. So I guess the browser is the embedded webkit engine. I also tried opening HA in mobile Safari and disabling all content blockers in case it was a limitation of the embedded browser in the app, but same behaviour, for both Tidal and Deezer.

If it’s known to not work at all on either the iOS app or mobile Safari, that’s kind of a problem. I haven’t had a chance to test a PC browser yet because I have small children. That’s also the reason for my more-or-less permanent brusqueness. Sorry about that.

We have some reports of this. Restart the addon and it should come good

How do I remove a link between players?

Clicking on the link button with a slash through it does nothing.

I have just yesterday identifed an issue with linking Airplay devices. What players types are you using? You might have to restart the addon…