Music Assistant 2.0: Your Music, Your Players

I can not add athe homeassistent Plugin Provider, any ideas? One Update before it works

Yeah i have one Roam.

I cannot select my Spotify connect player as a player from within music assistant.

What kind of software do I need on my DYI Pi speaker for it to show up in music assistant?

My goal is to play Spotify playlists through a voice automation.

Thanks for the support.

Really awesome! Especially the mass.play_media service (with Spotify connected) that I am now using in combination with my AI voice assistant. I am doing it different from the way described in the installation guide.

Is there any possibility of adding Roon as a music provider? Or is that currently not on the map for adding support to?

Yes when you select a MA player in the HA media browser you will see the MA content. Note this has limited functionality so you should be accessing the MA UI.

Not sure about multiple YouTube only because of the authenticatiion method. Lots of the other providers can have multiple entries though, you will just have to try it.

Ask on GH or Discord for this

PiCorePlayer is usually recommended.

Am I understanding correctly that this is not an official add-on or integration? It must be installed as a custom component using HACS?
I have been following the Music Assistant project for quite a while now (ever since it was mentioned that Marcel had joined Nabu Casa), and have been excitedly hoping that one day this project would officially be part of Home Assistant. When I saw this blog post, I thought that is what this announcement was. Iā€™m a bit surprised to see it highlighted on the official blog, as I didnā€™t think HACS had ever been officially recommended (more of a install at your own risk sort of thing).
Are there any plans to officially integrate this with Home Assistant, so the add-on could be installed without needing to add 3rd party sources?

Firstly, a huge congratulations to you and the team on what is really a fantastic piece of work. After many years of trying to manually aggregate everything, to have it all available and searchable and able to stream in hi-res is truly fantastic! Justā€¦WELL DONE!

I installed it in my HA instance which is running in VMWARE on a 2013 Macbook Pro. I installed it the moment the beta became available and it has always worked really well. Since updating to this release version though, I had to start from scratch. WHen i restarted HA, Music Assistant had no providers or players or anything I had previously set up. Not a big deal.
AT the moment every time I select MA from my Dashboard it open on the Settings page. I cannot get it to open on any other page. It used to open on my Playlists where I left it but no longer.
Other than that, having clear labels on the devices to show which is Airplay or Chromecast would be most helpful.

Again, really really well done and thank you!

Not planned. We would expect people to migrate from Roon eventually

Opening on the settings uld have already been fixed. Are you on the stable or beta? What version?

Okay something must be quirky with my MA-HA setup then becuase I donā€™t see MA as an audio source for my HA.
Should I be setting HA up via ā€œPlugin Providersā€ or ā€œplayer Providersā€ inside of MA for it to show in HA as an audio source? Iā€™ve tried the ā€œPlugin Providerā€ and nothing happens when I set it up and hit save.

Iā€™ll research that and will give it a try. Thanks for your help!

Have you got the Integration installed from HACS?

Maybeā€¦ I donā€™t know what HACS means, still pretty new to Home Assisatnt. I added the add-on found here, not sure if thereā€™s something else needed

Hi,

Nice Big One !!! Thanks.

Does Music Assistant support computer sound output channel as an input source to stream to other devices. For example, I use a software to mix sound music and I would like to play it live to all connected output devices.

Following the instructions would be a start.

If you want to stream to MA see here I Want To Stream To - Music Assistant

2 quick questions.

1. Why do only some (a very few) of my artists have profile pictures?
  2. Where is the album art picked up from? I have folders with folder.jpg files but none are appearing. Do I have to add the art to every track? I hope not as I have 7000 tracksā€¦

Apart from that it is looking like a great add-on!