My Danalock v3 Z-Wave Configuration 5. Step Solution

I can confirm that Danalock V3 (0.10.3) is working with HA 0.91.2 and Danapad V3.

Order:

1. Pair Danalock with app (bluetooth)
  2. Pair Danalock with HA. I use AEON Labs Z-Stick Gen5
  3. Pair Danapad with Danalock (bluetooth)

Note! This lock needs to be close to the z-wave controller or other z-plus device. Max. 1-2 meter.
I have a Heatit thermostat within 1 meters range.

You need to use “Add Node Secure” in HA to include the lock. I use the app to enable z-wave inclusion on the lock.
You also need to call service “lock.get_usercode” with service data:
{
“node_id”: “5”,
“code_slot”: “1”
}
where node_id is the Danalock z-wave node id. The Danalock needs to be in inclusion mode when the service call is executed.

I have 5 entities:

• group.all_locks
  • lock.poly_control_danalock_v3_btze_locked
  • zwave.poly_control_danalock_v3_btze
  • sensor.poly_control_danalock_v3_btze_alarm_level
  • sensor.poly_control_danalock_v3_btze_alarm_type
2 Likes

I was about to buy the z-wave Danalock, but am now teetering on the edge of getting the homekit version after reading this thread - it sounds a little nightmarish to install and the closest z-wave controller / node to our front door is at least 5m away at present, combined with the fact (despite installing HA on her phone) my partner refuses to use anything but homekit on her iPhone.
Can anyone who has successfully managed to install the Danalock v3 tell me if they’ve managed to forward it through to the homekit component please?
If so, were there any issues such as additional lag-time when operating from homekit on iOS, or lost functionality?
Thanks so much

Do t his sensors also have value changes ? Mine won’t show alarm_type or anything else but the lock works fine so far.

The values is 0, all the time.

is that normal.? i had danalock v2 before and there was an indicator for manual opening or via app

Ok, THIS WORKS.

I ventured into the danger land.
After bricking my danalock by doing it wrong, and I had to send it in for reset, which they kindly did, I tried doing it with the updated HA (0.92.2) where the z-wave config is much better integrated, so I let it choose all it’s own kind of configs, and then after a reboot the AEON Labs Z-Stick Gen 5 was there.

So after poking that with heal, and checking the logs, and everything looked ok, I went into the danalock app on my phone, and set it to z-wave include. I then pressed the “add secure node” on HA, and presto, it was visible.
I then reactivated the ‘include’ mode in the danalock app, and ran the extra service call. Not sure what it does, but hey.
I can now see status in my UI, and I can lock and unlock from the UI as well, weeheee.

2 Likes

So can I, with Z-wave integration in the Lovelace UI, and doing the ‘inclusion’ in the Danalock App, it works perfectly.
It’s really fast and responsive, and I’ve already had great benefit of it for package deliveries when we are out of the house :slight_smile:

I still have problem getting more Entities after following your guide. The only one i get is “Poly-control Danalock V3 BTZE”
The biggest problem for me is that i cant do the Call service part, it says “Invalid Json” and the “Call service” button is grey.

What am i doing wrong? :slight_smile:

Call%20service

Seems to me that you are using the wrong quotes. Try to copy and paste this one: "

Thank you! Now it finally works! :slight_smile:

I can’t get this to work… I don’t seem to get the latest firmware and when I get it up HA it says “unknown Polycontrole” instead of “Polycontrole Danalock V3 BTZE”

My Danalock v3 works now in HA, the only thing that I find annoying is that it’s so slow to report the status back to HA.

If I lock/unlock in HA, it’s fast to lock/unlock, but it’s slow to report back and change status from locked to unlocked and from unlocked to locked. Does anyone else have this issue?

I tried all of the above, without success. I even tried other Z-wave controllers, but with no success. Seems to me the Danalock itself is the problem.

Has anyone got it working with a Danalock V3, firmware version 0.11.0 (latest)?

Mine is working with firmware 0.11.0. Although I have to say I’ve upgraded my Danalock V3 firmware after it was successfully included in HA.
Did you upgrade firmware before including in HA?

I upgraded first before including.

Hi @Domoticon
Yes, I have it working, and my lock was upgraded quite a while back.
I had to do a complete reset of the lock (mine was unresponsive, so it had to send it to Danalock for that, but they did it free of charge).
Then I enrolled it in the Danalock App, and got that working.
In the HA, the Z-Wave stick from aeotec was autodiscovered, so that was set up with an autogenerated secure key.
I then activated Z-wave pairing from HA, and from the lock via the app, and it was discovered right away.
Final step was to send the ‘lock.get_usercode’.

Then it worked, and have worked since then, it has been running for quite a few months now.
I do have the z-wave stick quite close to the lock (a few meters), so I don’t know about the range.

1 Like

actually now that I look at the history of the firmwares, it might have been installed pre-0.11 :blush:So I might not be of any help.

Thanx for this thread. I was able to get my two locks working.
However, one on my locks won’t do the twist assist anymore. I’m unsure if this had to do with the HA integration, or if the lock itself is faulty.
Anyone else had this problem?

I had the same issue. Appeared a couple big weeks ago. I did a full Z-wave exclusion and reset on the device followed by a new secure inclusion. Now twist assist works again.

For reference I update to the latest HA on a monthly basis at least.

I just fixed the twist assist problem.
This is what I did:

1. Activated “remove node” in HA config zwave
  2. In Danalock app I set the device in inclusion mode.
  3. Did a “heal’ in HA
  4. Removed the device in Danalock app
  5. Added the device again in Danalock app
  6. Turned off twist assist in app
  7. Changed the calibration doing a manual calibration and saved a new unlocked position and a new locked position.
  8. Reactivated the twist assist
  • Now it started to work again

I suspect I didn’t have to do step 1 to 5. So if I where you I would first try step 6,7 and 8

Of course you would need to again do a correct calibration for the lock positions after you get the twist assist working again…

Good luck!