My Garden Irrigation

Found the problem for the Cancel a cycle problem! Not all switches were selected properly. Had some zones named just with “switch.” - changed them to switch.irrigation_dummy_switch and all works…

Was everyone here using the italian how to? Is there anything i need to do that is not listed in that guide?
Btw. i have Dwains Dashboard installed, maybe this causes some trouble but it does not work if i disable it as well.

Well, i’ve installed via the italian how to.
The first time i had always errors.
Restarted from a clean HA install, followed line by line the guide and all works perfectly.
I haven’t installed yet the weather sensor / rain sensor.
there arent missing instruction in that guide.
You have to restart HA for two time after the installation to make irrigation work.
It uses a lot of custom components that gives me frequently errors that goes away with a restart.

I found the problem which is quite strange.
The problem is that google translate (using MacOS and Safari, don’t know if its browser based) although translate the code and adds e.g. letters. (include → includes)

Translated version:

original:

So everyone with problems should check the code itself :slight_smile:

Hi , I am trying to use my wheater sensor data for temperature and rain but I don’t know from where to start.

this is my source for data in sensor.yaml

- platform: mqtt
    name: "raintoday"
    state_topic: "CumulusMX/DataUpdate"
    unit_of_measurement: 'mm'
    value_template: '{{ value_json.raintoday }}'

How I can use this data in irrigation and how?
Thank you
Andrea

I made a template switch for the Irrigation System to start the pump and watering and also check if the soil is dry enough (with my miflora sensor). If there would be a implementaion for a humidity sensor I would love it :grinning: The rest is running perfectly on a new installation (only running temperatur settings). Thanks klogg!

for example:

switch:
  - platform: template
    switches:
      bewaesserung_oben_sensor:
        friendly_name: 'Bewässerung Oben mit Sensor'
        value_template: "{{ is_state('switch.relais4k_1', 'on') }}"
        turn_on:
          service: switch.turn_on
          data_template:
            entity_id: >
              {% if states('sensor.flora3_moisture') | float < 15 %}
                switch.relais4k_1, switch.relais4k_3
              {% else %}
                switch.null
              {% endif %}
        turn_off:
          service: switch.turn_off
          data:
            entity_id: switch.relais4k_1, switch.relais4k_3
1 Like

I take it you only have 1 solenoid valve to open in addition to the pump?
I guess I can modify this for my 4 zones?

I got all problems solved so far, all sensors integrated… It runs fine on manual cycle but the schedules wont run… Any ideas where to look?

Hi everyone,
@klogg congratulations for the excellent work.
I’ve just one problem.

Any idea how i can solve it? This error appears after each session.
For now i excluded the “Controller WiFi Signal” card from section_settings_general.

Thanks

Regards

Hello,

Has anyone got running with esphome on a sonoff 4ch pro r3?

Thanks

1 Like

have you already looked here?

Hi @shakin89 ,
Thanks for your answer.
Unfortunatelly i don’t have those in my section_settings_temperature.yaml file.
No custom:mini-graph-card and sensor.dark_sky

I don’t know why schedules do not work… i deleted all files and reinstalled everything new twice but always the same error… only manual run works

When the schedule starts nothing happens… getting warm here and i need this to work, please help

if i rember correctly you should restart Ha twice to make everything work. Have you already tried?

Restarted x times… more than 20 times

Hello, I downloaded the whole package this morning and after uploading it I found myself with a bunch of errors:

ButtonCardJSTemplateError: TypeError: Cannot read property 'state' of undefined in 'var statestr = (entity === undefined || entity.state === undefined) ? 'undefined' : entity.state; ...'

===============================================

ButtonCardJSTemplateError: TypeError: Cannot read property 'state' of undefined in 'var zone = 'zone9'; return states['input_text.irrigation_' + zone + '_name'].state + '&nbsp-&nbs...'

ButtonCardJSTemplateError: TypeError: Cannot read property 'state' of undefined in 'var zone = 'zone10'; return states['input_text.irrigation_' + zone + '_name'].state + '&nbsp-&nbs...'

ButtonCardJSTemplateError: TypeError: Cannot read property 'state' of undefined in 'var zone = 'zone11'; return states['input_text.irrigation_' + zone + '_name'].state + '&nbsp-&nbs...'

ButtonCardJSTemplateError: TypeError: Cannot read property 'state' of undefined in 'var zone = 'zone12'; return states['input_text.irrigation_' + zone + '_name'].state + '&nbsp-&nbs...'

ButtonCardJSTemplateError: TypeError: Cannot read property 'state' of undefined in 'var zone = 'zone13'; return states['input_text.irrigation_' + zone + '_name'].state + '&nbsp-&nbs...'

ButtonCardJSTemplateError: TypeError: Cannot read property 'state' of undefined in 'var zone = 'zone14'; return states['input_text.irrigation_' + zone + '_name'].state + '&nbsp-&nbs...'

ButtonCardJSTemplateError: TypeError: Cannot read property 'state' of undefined in 'var zone = 'zone15'; return states['input_text.irrigation_' + zone + '_name'].state + '&nbsp-&nbs...'

ButtonCardJSTemplateError: TypeError: Cannot read property 'state' of undefined in 'var zone = 'zone16'; return states['input_text.irrigation_' + zone + '_name'].state + '&nbsp-&nbs...'

how can i solve?
thank you very much

I haven’t really look at this sorry, but a super quick thought with the spare 30 seconds I have…

Have you named all the zones, and put switches against them? (legitimate or fake)

Hi,
are you using rainfall and weather forecast?
If not ensure “Ignore schedules if it is raining” is set to OFF.

I’m not using it, and on my case the scheduling only works when the “Ignore schedules if it is raining” is off. If it’s on then it won’t start automatically, even if all the rainfall sensors are with 0.

Hope this helps.

No i’m not using rainfall and weather forecast and it’s off yet …

I have set up only one zone …