My latest Lovelace Screens [Updated]

I replied but maybe I forgot to reply directly to you sorry.

Actually thats a lie, and I really can’t remember I used to use a custom component to do this

But I think now I just set the device_class of the binary_sensors and they do the rest.

binary_sensor:
  - platform: template
    sensors:
## Door Sensors
      front_door:
        friendly_name: Front Door Sensor
        device_class: connectivity
        entity_id: sensor.front_door
        value_template: "{{ is_state('sensor.front_door', 'on') }}"
        icon_template: >-
          {% if is_state('sensor.front_door', 'on') %}
            mdi:door
          {% elif is_state('sensor.front_door', 'off') %}
            mdi:door         
          {% else %}
            mdi:alert
          {% endif %}
1 Like

Nice job. Given you are in Aus, have you got Darksky working or are you using different weather feeds? I can see darksky referenced in your lovelace-ui.yaml, but I can’t see the sensor referenced anywhere else…just curious as I did not think we could get AU wether feeds from Dark Sky.

we can get Aussie weather on DarkSky but it is not very accurate from my experience which is why I stopped using it

1 Like

As @sparkydave states you can but they are pretty inaccurate which really baffles me as how hard would it be to scrape it from the BOM site like we do :slight_smile:

I use weather underground and the BOM weather platforms. I use the BOM states with my morning briefs etc and to display against my picture element cards. I have been meaning to adapt the custom weather card for use with the BOM platform I think I saw a new one added just last week here its on my to do list just there is alot. I still have boxes of sensors in my garage, led strips etc we are in the middle of house reno atm so bathroom is gutted but I get to run a few extras in there now :wink:

@jimpower @Pre10der I am now using this which works really well for a forecast, combined with the standard BOM sensor for the current values.

Yes that’s the one on my to do list just need to add it when I’m finished on my current lovelace card.

Great, thanks @sparkydave. I’ll give it a shot and like @jimpower, see if I can incorporate it into a lovelace card.

Nice work.
How it looks on phone screen?

To be honest I never really use on my phone as mainly everything is automated and I can use Alexa to do things if manual intervention is required. If I do need to press a button it is normally a smart button or tablet used for that. I will bring it up on my phone now, I have a Samsung S9 so I think screen size is odd compared to others brands?

Actually scaling doesn’t work to well for picture-elements cards I’m not sure how to achieve this maybe with using absolute positioning? I’m not sure if this can be done maybe someone smarter then me can way in on this but since it is CSS you should be able to.

any good guides to create my own pictures for lovelace? do i need to reference a js file? I just started with home assistant but plex doesn’t have a custom lovelace when its idle, very frustrating!

I think the best thing could be this card

@kalkih any news on this?

I’m sorry, completely forgot this. I’ll try to add it tomorrow night!

What do you think, should it override artwork cover or only if no media artwork is available?

1 Like

Yeah I think the artwork cover is great but unless you are meticulous like me with all of your media files then it is quite possible that some media may not contain artwork and also idle.

1 Like

gday @jimpower i’m in Brissy trying to get some stuff working with animated weather cards. I cant quite find where you are pulling the weather from for your animated cards in repo. looks like BOM and wunderground at the moment. just wondering how you got the text along the bottom for forecast.

Hi Dominic,

I think my weather package isn’t up to date on github, I am using the dark sky component however as stated above it isn’t very accurate for Australia.

You can find the link here

@jimpower @Pre10der I am now using this which works really well for a forecast, combined with the standard BOM sensor for the current values.

thanks champion p.s stole so much of your code :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s what it’s there for

In conjunction with the BOM sensors, I also use windy.com for animated weather cards. Super easy, you just add them as an iFrame using a URL like this:
https://embed.windy.com/embed2.html?lat=-34.507&lon=150.864&zoom=10&level=surface&overlay=rain&menu=&message=true&marker=&pressure=&type=map&location=coordinates&detail=&detailLat=-32.922&detailLon=151.747&metricWind=kt&metricTemp=%C2%B0C&radarRange=-1

- type: iframe
        url: https://embed.windy.com/embed2.html?lat=-34.507&lon=150.864&zoom=10&level=surface&overlay=rain&menu=&message=true&marker=&pressure=&type=map&location=coordinates&detail=&detailLat=-32.922&detailLon=151.747&metricWind=kt&metricTemp=%C2%B0C&radarRange=-1
        aspect_ratio: 100%
1 Like

background option is now available with v0.8.6.
I don’t wanna occupy your awesome thread any more, so.let’s take further discussion (if any) in the mini media player thread :wink:

1 Like