My Lovelace Plugins

Lovelace plugin installation guide

I wrote a guide on how to install, update and debug lovelace plugins.

It can be found here

2 Likes

Canā€™t test, but I think itā€™s fixed.

Is this a good place to add a component request? :wink:

I see you have several components related to the old custom UI from @andrey.

Is it possible to create one more that I use quite a bit - the ā€œextra_data_templateā€ functionality?

I put in as request a few days ago in the lovelace ui-schema github but I havenā€™t heard a peep on it since so I figured Iā€™d throw it out here too if you are receptive.

My thoughts were since Lovelace canā€™t use templates in the ui-lovelace.yaml file (if Iā€™m wrong on that then please correct me) it would be nice to have a functionality similar to the ā€œseconday_infoā€ field but to be able to pull in from other attributes in an entity. And it would be nice if it could pull in state/attribute information from any entity_id not just the one that this would be added to.

And another thing that would be nice is being able to use either the entity_id or the friendly name in the info line along with the value/state.

I imagine this would work in similar functionality to the slider_entity_row in that you could put it in line or under the entity itself.

here are a couple of screen shots of how i use it now for inspiration:

ex

ex2

An example of Lovelace with Custom UI, modder and folding card.

Looks great, mind sharing the code?

https://community.home-assistant.io/t/custom-secondary-info-for-entities-card/

He will post an updated version soon based on @thomasloven card-Tools and templateing.

Thanks!

Iā€™ll look into it.

it seems if found a bug with card tools
Some clicks on the second tab are not recognized and I have to click the next tab before I can select my second tab (see attached video)
c3c7587b80779f1e9c660eae4dc6d3be2b457117_1_230x500

I have removed all custom cards.
after I added card tools Iā€™ve seen the same issue again
no other custom cards

I think this is an error in 0.85 and will be fixed with 0.86

ah ok.
then Iā€™ll wait for 86 and try it again

0.86 was released seconds ago. So you only have to wait for a couple of hours till it will show up in your home assistant

I have the same issue, though only on pages with cameras and the custom weather card.

This is my main page for example and it refreshes often when I have the custom weather card inserted.

I hope 0.86 will fix that, but the beta broke my mqtt discovery (so I downgraded) hopefully that wonā€™t be an issue on release.

Home Assistant 0.86 has just been released and I have updated

• card-tools
  • browser-commander
  • card-modder
  • state-switch

To leverage some new functions.

That means the latest version of those plugins will likely ONLY work with Home Assistant version 0.86 or later.

1 Like

Nice work @thomasloven. I have a bunch of gaps between cards. Will card-tools and card-modder fix this? Also, how long before custom-updater sees these updates? Itā€™s not seeing them for me. :frowning:

UPDATE: Custom updater now sees the updates. :tada:

1 Like

A few problems I have now. Iā€™ve updated all cards that you posted above.

fold-entity-row just isnā€™t working. Itā€™s not showing. Not sure what has changed here.

card-modder is now applied styles to cards that have a <hui-xxx-card> card before <ha-card>, so styles are now being applied twice. Screenshot below of Chrome DevTools.

I think itā€™s because the new card tools requires 0.86 as Iā€™m having the same problem even though Iā€™m on 0.86.0b3 itā€™s not working for me either and I canā€™t edit lovelace either.

I get the following error. I did not update to the latest version. Whatā€™s more, I made an update to the card-tools.js file

edit: I found the problem

local/custom_ui/card-modder.js:45:20 Uncaught TypeError: target.style.setProperty is not a function

Same here.
0.86.1, all cards updated.

Well that sucks. I was hoping that was going to fix it (0.86.0). So itā€™s an issue with the card thenā€¦ (and new card-tools)

after the update to 86.1 it seems to work now