My Lovelace Plugins

Any ideas about this?

Could you give me a link to the card?

This is the card Iā€™m having issues with. Itā€™s only happening with this one.

I also had the same error, just under darksaky. Here is my code.

local/custom_ui/card-modder.js:44:23 Uncaught TypeError: this.card.style.setProperty is not a function

Has nothing to do with the mini-media-player, but rather the entity being used by the mini-media-player

card:
  entity: media_player.office_roku
  type: 'custom:roku-card'
  volume_up:
    service: switch.turn_on
    service_data:
      entity_id: switch.office_volume_up
  volume_down:
    service_data:
      entity_id: switch.office_volume_down
  volume_mute:
    service_data:
      entity_id: switch.office_volume_mute
  power:
    service_data:
      entity_id: switch.office_power
entity:
  - media_player.office_roku
title: Office Remote
type: 'custom:popup-card'

2 Likes

Thanks. I understand how popup card works now. I got it to work with the Roku card. Great usage of those two cards.

1 Like

Thatā€™s because I used a lot of custom cards and paulus didnā€™t want to confuse new to HA users. I am doing up a more ā€œnew userā€ friendly version of lovelace for demo page should be updated over the weekend. That is why you are seeing gaps in the demo page.

Worked like a charm, thanks a lot!

Iā€™ve updated card-modder to work around the odd behavior of the darksky-weather-card thingā€¦
Latest version is 70344a.

HI Jim ,

Would you care to show the conic you made for those buttons (they are buttons are they?) Lights, Devices, Climate, Scenes etc etc? You talk about Picture elements, but as this https://www.home-assistant.io/lovelace/picture-elements/ shows a completely different approach, Ive never even looked at thatā€¦ Your screens make me rethink, and Id really like to get to know how you did that.
thanks!

They are probably just picture cards with tap_action set to navigate.

Back in the days that was the only way to do itā€¦

1 Like

ofcourse, you can check my github page for my entire lovelace code :stuck_out_tongue: but trust me, I am not a programmer or anything. I just stumbled upon Home Assistant and so I thought lets try if I can do this. I have no knowledge of how good, nice or clean code should look like and Iā€™m pretty sure it can all be done much simpler. But this is what I came up with which works perfect for me.

https://github.com/jimz011/HA

edit: I mentioned the picture-elements card because I had trouble making a rounded corner on those. The other ones are indeed just picture cards with a navigation path. But thanks to @thomasloven I know how to make rounded corners on those too.

Called it!

1 Like

auto-entities

Sometimes you may wish to add a lot of entities to a card, or perhaps just some, but which ones may change.
Like say you want to list all lights that are turned on, or all sensors whose battery is about to run out.

My first contact with custom lovelace cards was the monster-card by ciotlosm, which does exactly this. It does have some shortcomings, though, and thatā€™s why I made a reimplementation of it which I chose to call

auto-entities

Differences from monster-card includes:

• support for actual regular expressions
  • support for custom cards (it can be used to populate a fold-entity-row, for example)
  • support for fetching entities from a group
  • ability to parse advanced attribute specifications

6 Likes

Awesome!!!
Now thereā€™s the need for a:
- type: custom:thomasloven_magic_monster_update_and_whatever_comes_next_card
:clap:

1 Like

Awesome thanks @thomasloven

Iā€™m going to give this a crack to see if I can use it to fix this problem:

It doesnā€™t seem to work with media-control and custom mini player cardsā€¦ Should it? I got excited about this one specifically for this purpose (dynamically showing all plex media player playing)

*Also, could you show me an example of the combined with fold entity, etcā€¦ (I mean the lovelace code and format itself), not entirely sure how to do it along with auto-entitiesā€¦

**And finally, is there a sort option? I have a view that shows me all scripts, lights, etcā€¦ I used Monster before and they were sorted alphabetically, with this one, not sorted at allā€¦

1 Like

OK well that rocks the free worldā€¦

- type: custom:auto-entities
            card:
              type: entities
              title: NSW Warnings & Events
              show_header_toggle: false
            filter:
              include:
                - entity_id: "geo_location.nsw_fire_service_feed_*"
            show_empty: true

Not sure how to integrate it into the folding-entity-row though?

so thereā€™s 5 in the group but 2 have disappeared so they donā€™t show so no more nasty yellow which is exactly what I wantedā€¦

Would be nice if they could be sorted in distance order as wellā€¦

Same problem Iā€™m wondering aboutā€¦ tried a few things but canā€™t make it work yet

Also, itā€™s not yet available in the custom-updater like your other cardsā€¦