My take on a home dashboard running on the Lenovo ThinkSmart View and managing multiple devices running Fully Kiosk

Hello and tjx for your reply.
I am not aware which github issue you are referring too.
And i dont use full kiosk, i use android ip webcam.
But what ever i try i dont get a useful lentgh to height ratio or rotation set up for frigate use.
Right now i am trying yakk which is supposed to wake up my device in motion and to my surprise has a camera stream option.
Lets see how that works

In the OP, LineageOS 15.1 is mentioned, which has the camera shutter as power button assigned. And I thought I read somewhere that the camera was not implemented, but I might remember wrongly.

I cannot help with Android IP Webcam, neither with Yakk. I have not tried either.

thx either way…hope i can help u one time

Hi guys! anyone here using fully kiosk with the lenovo… ? When the screen turn off… i can turn on with the touchscreen. Any idea?

Tap to wake doesn’t work on Lineage 15.1 with the TSV unfortunately. I think that’s in the guide at the bottom.

You can set the physical buttons to wake it. I find the volume buttons easiest.

I find I never need this as I have a presence sensor (mmWave) in each room that turns the screen on when there’s someone in the room. I want my devices to be always on to show the dashboard, clock and other important info.

You can also use the motion detection in Fully Kiosk to do similar and I’ve found that works quite well.

Yes can relate, 40+ years behind the keyboard and fighting EDL. Used 5 different computers and in the end I manage only with Windows (lucky I had a dualboot somewhere) but even there I needed to switch between two systems becasue initial phase worked on one and ADB on the other.
Never got around the EDL issues on different Linux distro’s.

I followed your guide and upgraded to LIneage 15.1 and things seem to be much better overall. Thanks so much for that guide!

However, I can’t seem to get the screen on/off and/or screen saver set up properly. I like the dimmed option for a period, which I think is the Android screensave doing that, but I’d settle for just going to black if I can get it to turn back on.

Right now I have sleep set to 30 minutes in the Device Settings, and the screen turns off but won’t turn back on. I’m running Fully Kiosk, and I have motion detection enabled but nothing happens. I can turn the display back on from HA or with the FK web admin, but not with motion.

Any pointers? Before I upgraded I spent quite a while trying different screen saver options in FK to no avail so I’d like to avoid spending several more hours again.

no problem! just activate the audio detection and will turn on when I touch the screen!

Interesting- just from the sound of the tap on the screen. But it will also turn on with other sounds in the environment.

I like to thank you for all the work you put together to share your work and the research you did. All is working great here. Lots of inspiration too.

1 Like

Thanks! Great to be able to share this.

1 Like

@pgale damn good guide- amazing work!

Need some clarification and help on using the camera cover toggle and motion wake functionality. Currently, after initial install, the camera cover toggle turns the display on and off. Apologies if this has been clarified before- but how to I change this to the wake on motion (is this with FKB functionality?)

Also, I must have missed a step as I can’t get rid of the ‘trust’ nag. Ideas?

1 Like

You can assign the camera shutter, mic mute and vol buttons to enabled/disabled to turn screen on/off. All in settings.

I set one of mine to wake on motion but this is in fully kiosk (plus). You need to fiddle with sleep settings to get it how you want it.

Not sure about the nag screen message.

1 Like

this looks great, would you mind sharing the cards with configs to copy this over to my device?
I am especially curious to the conditional cards, to show camera views when frigate detects something, to put it over the other cards. Especially thats why i would love the config so i can edit it all to my liking.

As for audio not working, that means that the video streams from frigate are without sound? Isnt there a way to manually send the audio stream from frigate’s build-in go2rtc to the exposed media player?

All of it is here:

2 Likes

Thanks a lot, i am playing around with it, which is hard as most cards do not allow visual editors.
I noticed that compared to your screenshots and photo, i have quite large black empty space left and right. Minimum 1cm. Is there a way to get rid of that?
This is after copying your yaml over to the new dashboard.

Picture:

i flashed to lineageOS and the black sides are gone.

Can i ask @pgale if you (and others) have audio working on frigate cards? when i set frigate cards to automatically enable audio when a stream starts (for a alert) the audio is not working.

On a side notice, audio is also not working in the android VLC app… However audio is working on the system and for playing media files.

@borgqueenx Could you help me with some guidance how to flash LineageOS ? I have the same problem.
Thanks in advance !

Read the thread. Hint: is in the first post.

I already follow the guide written by @pgale “Lenovo ThinkSmart View Lineage 15.1 installation guide - pgale/lineage_15.1_Installation_TSV” and install the system on the Lenovo device, that’s way I don’t understand how to get rid of the black sides.

Initialy I install the system following this guide Step by Step instructions for setting up the Lenovo ThinkSmart View · dinki/View-Assist · Discussion #5 · GitHub. I don’t have the problem with the black sides, but some times the device loses WIFI connection and somehow the device turn off or get stucked at the logo screen.
That’s why I installed the Lineage_15.1 system. The problem is I don’t know how to get rid of the black side

Thank you !