MyQ connection issue

I am new to HA world…

I have MyQ configured with Genie garage door opener. The myQ works perfectly fine, but does not seem to get configured with HA.

I have cycled through all the possible “type” for MyQ cover in configurations.yaml, but always get incorrect login error. I do not have account with any of these “type”, but with MyQ only

Maybe related to api changed


This morning I started having the exact same problem. No changes and it was working yesterday. Also I’m able to sign into the Liftmaster website fine. Did you get this resolved?

Here is my full error from the log:

2019-08-06 09:30:28 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.cover] Error while setting up platform myq
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/”, line 126, in _async_setup_platform
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/asyncio/”, line 358, in wait_for
return fut.result()
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/myq/”, line 43, in async_setup_platform
myq = await login(username, password, brand, websession)
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pymyq/”, line 293, in login
await api.authenticate(username, password)
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pymyq/”, line 228, in authenticate
await self._get_security_token()
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pymyq/”, line 244, in _get_security_token
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pymyq/”, line 153, in _request
return await resp.json(content_type=None)
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/aiohttp/”, line 1036, in json
return loads(stripped.decode(encoding))
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/json/”, line 354, in loads
return _default_decoder.decode(s)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/json/”, line 339, in decode
obj, end = self.raw_decode(s, idx=_w(s, 0).end())
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/json/”, line 357, in raw_decode
raise JSONDecodeError(“Expecting value”, s, err.value) from None
json.decoder.JSONDecodeError: Expecting value: line 1 column 1 (char 0)

Same issue here… and there is an Issue posted in Git that I hope gets picked up soon.

This issue is now back for me, after having come and gone. Currently on 0.100.3

Updated to 0.101 and problem went away. Not sure if it was related but previously, I had tried to restart HA several times and it wouldn’t come up. Could also have been yet another outage on the MyQ end.