MyQ garage opener hub integration not working

Thanks, that worked perfectly.

Hey mate, look, I do help out a lot of people on this forum and do so happily. It’s not that I don’t want to help.

For future reference therre is a drop down box that lets you select ’ latest post’, giving you the search results in chron order.

As you will see, 4 recent threads about this issue.

Enjoy the holiday break :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I also don’t use the actual open/close door functionality normally, far more important for me is to quickly know that a door is open as that triggers my parking laser, and turns the lights on. For some reason I used a reed switch to another RPi, but just doing the ZWave or Zigbee door/window sensor would have been easier.

I’ve found the latency of that Z-Wave sensor through OZW HA integration to be more than adequate, BTW. Any other sensor and radio (ZigBee etc) should be equal.

I use the sensor to turn the main garage lights on to help when family members unload the car, etc. We use the LiftMaster garage door opener from the car, or a keypad outside, mainly. That MyQ app – which you should disable location services from after setup – is only used in a pinch.

A simple sensor integrated with HA helps my family. This pretty much gets to the core of why I invest in HA and why this HA community project is awesome! :slight_smile:

EDIT: I meant to reply to wellsi’s input.

Looks like MyQ integration is down again. Below is the error. Tried to remove and re-add the integration and still the same error. Anyone else have similar issues?

Logger: homeassistant.components.myq.config_flow
Source: components/myq/config_flow.py:30
Integration: MyQ ([documentation](https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/myq), [issues](https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3A%22integration%3A+myq%22))
First occurred: 7:08:47 PM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 7:08:47 PM

Unexpected exception

Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/myq/config_flow.py", line 50, in async_step_user info = await validate_input(self.hass, user_input) File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/myq/config_flow.py", line 30, in validate_input await pymyq.login(data[CONF_USERNAME], data[CONF_PASSWORD], websession) File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pymyq/api.py", line 259, in login await api.authenticate(username, password, False) File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pymyq/api.py", line 170, in authenticate auth_resp = await self.request( File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pymyq/api.py", line 151, in request return await self._send_request( File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pymyq/api.py", line 114, in _send_request message = f"Error requesting data from {url}: {data.get('description', str(err))}" UnboundLocalError: local variable 'err' referenced before assignment

How about using the search function and checking the other 3-4 threads discussing this issues.

Search first, start a thread second.

Take a read of this also.

1 Like

Just. wow. :man_facepalming:

Merged the various duplicate threads I could find - please remember to use the search function folks :wink:

2 Likes

@jaaem, Thank you for the clear instructions. Worked perfectly.

I am new to Home Assistant & I am trying to get the MYQ integration running. Unfortunately, I have not been able to figure out how to update the myq integration with the fix outlined several posts above. I actually can’t event install it, since the login fails when I try to install it. I’ve tried various searchs – no success. Any help would be deeply appreciated, thank you.

Marc

:warning: I no longer use the MyQ integration, so this is my best recollection of how to do it, hopefully it helps.

You’ll need to download all of the files from Github for the MyQ component.

Edit the files needed to match as described here. Using a program like Notepad++ is good for this sort of thing.

Place all of these files in a folder named myq on your desktop.

Place that folder in the custom_components folder of your HA config directory, create that folder if you don’t already have it. You can connect to your HA machine via SSH using a program like WinSCP to drag and drop folders. You’ll of course need to have SSH installed/configured first.

Reboot HA and then you should be able to add the MyQ integration.

@kanga_who, thank you so much for those directions – that did the trick for me and it’s working now!

I am migrating from Smartthhings – got tired of the service disruptions & laggy response times due to all the cloud dependencies. My sense of things so far is that HA is a much more flexible system.

Once again, thank you!

Marc

1 Like

Did work for 2 days…
Logger: homeassistant.config_entries
Source: components/myq/init.py:36
First occurred: 12:25:33 PM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 12:25:33 PM

Error setting up entry [email protected] for myq
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config_entries.py”, line 236, in async_setup
result = await component.async_setup_entry(hass, self) # type: ignore
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/myq/init.py”, line 36, in async_setup_entry
myq = await pymyq.login(conf[CONF_USERNAME], conf[CONF_PASSWORD], websession)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pymyq/api.py”, line 259, in login
await api.authenticate(username, password, False)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pymyq/api.py”, line 170, in authenticate
auth_resp = await self.request(
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pymyq/api.py”, line 151, in request
return await self._send_request(
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pymyq/api.py”, line 114, in _send_request
message = f"Error requesting data from {url}: {data.get(‘description’, str(err))}"
UnboundLocalError: local variable ‘err’ referenced before assignment

Did you change it to something static or are you using the latest GitHub release where the user agent is random every time?

Seems like something got reversed. I did the api(?) change command line and charge the user agent (?) to pymyq and it came online. I’m not a programmer so it’s hard to explain it all. But it works again now.

Logger: pymyq.api
I see that the fix is in the works but chew on this while you wait…

I have the correct credentials but the login appears to time out.
Interesting side note - you can only use the Android/iOS App to access your account now. No logging in via web interface. Thinking that the HA access issue is related.

Source: /usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pymyq/api.py:77
First occurred: 5:06:35 PM (6 occurrences)
Last logged: 5:57:17 PM

• Device update failed; trying again in 2 seconds
  • Device update failed; trying again in 4 seconds
  • Device update failed; trying again in 5 seconds

@kanga_who
How did you get the Sonoff to work? I had a Shelly one working at my old house. New house has a MyQ but when I tried to connect the Shelly the same way, it didnt open the garage. I looked at the wall mounted switch that comes with the opener. It has some chip in it that I assumed is sending a unique code everytime, so its not just as simple as shorting the two wires together.

So just wondering how you got yours to work.

I wired the Sonoff into the switch pins of the motor itself, so the Sonoff is just acting like a wall button press, if that makes sense.

@kanga_who

Yes it does, thats what I did with the Shelly1. On non MyQ opener, it worked. On myQ opener, it didnt work. I may have to revisit.

Thanks for posting this - worked perfectly!

For others:
To edit, press the INS key
After you make the change, press :x and hit enter. This will exit and save the file in vi.