MyQ garage opener hub integration not working

Just until recently, the MyQ garage opener integration was working flawlessly. I have updated HA to the latest official release just few days ago so this might be the reason. I have tried integration via yaml as well as via integration. I am getting “unexpected error”.
Log Viewer is showing the following:

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pymyq/api.py", line 151, in request
return await self._send_request(
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pymyq/api.py", line 114, in _send_request
 message = f"Error requesting data from {url}: {data.get('description', str(err))}"
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'err' referenced before assignment

Any help is appreciated.

2 Likes

We need a sticky topic for this…

2 Likes

It’s called this:
:wink:

2 Likes

oh good, I thought it was just me.

At least for me, myQ has stopped working. Wonder if Chamberlain changed things.

1 Like
2 Likes

Someone has opened an issue on github, and a fix is already in the works, just need to sit back and wait for it to come with the next small update :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ok… I’ve waited 12 minutes … is it ready yet? /s :wink:

3 Likes

OK, while we wait :slight_smile: (and thanks to those who are working on it) - is there a better “packaged” alternative to myQ? By packaged i mean something i can buy and install (not build).

This cycle of works-breaks-works is not great. thx.

Personally, I only use the myq integration for door status, not control, so I’ve switched to using IFTTT to turn an input boolean on and off to relay door status. I’ve found it to be faster and much less prone to these breakdowns.

This fix worked for me. Stupid chamberlain, they are jerks

2 Likes

It appears that the MyQ integration has stopped working. I cannot troubleshoot enough to determine if this is the integration or the API with MyQ. Based on prior posts, it seems to be an API change that is causing the issue.

Can someone point me to where I need to file a bug report?

the fix below resolves the issue…it might be included in the next release of the product.

1 Like

FYI: If you are impatient for a new homeassistant build, once the pymyq fix is posted, you can update your home assistant yourself. I use docker supervised, but I am sure it is similar for other installations.

1. ssh in developer mode or the host system and find your docker instance with “docker ps” (for me I am looking for container homeassistant/qemux86-64-homeassistant:2020.12.1)
  2. docker exec -it container# /bin/bash (where container# is the id of the homeassistant container)
  3. vi /usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/myq/manifest.json
  4. Google how to use vi, because I always forget
  5. Change requirements of pymyq to the latest version. Can be found at pymyq · PyPI
  6. Exit out of container and reboot.
5 Likes

Come on guys…please…

You don’t like seeing multiple topics about the same thing? :smile:

Nope…it infuriates me

It would involve using the search function to find the existing topic though - that’s hard.

Oh, I know… that’s why my link above goes to my post which looks like this:

This is at least the third thread on the same issue

1 Like