Myq integration stuck on initialization

this no longer works… at least not for me anymore.
it worked for about 4 days then went back to broken state.

I"m just gonna sit on the sidelines until a permanent fix comes out and/or just dump myq and look at esp setups.

I am experiencing the same issue and it broke two of my favorite automations.

To avoid using an editor I ran these commands once in the container

For me the change was on line 36. the 36 in the sed line limits text substitution to just that line (there is another place that user agent is set to nothing).
Then diff to confirm it.

cp /usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/pymyq/request.py /usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/pymyq/request.py.bak
sed -i sed -i '36s/self._useragent = None/self._useragent = str("myq-ios-5.240.0.38162")/' /usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/pymyq/request.py
diff /usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/pymyq/request.py /usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/pymyq/request.py.bak

then restarted home assistant.

Note: if you get startup errors make sure you have proper " characters.

I have my container automatically update at 5am… so yeah gonna prob need to do this often :frowning:

I had the same issue, was broken for a few weeks. However, I have updated to the latest Supervisor version (2023.10.0) and it came back online and is working for me now. Anyone else experiencing this with the latest update?

Still not working for me.

Upgraded to 2023.10.1, still not working.

***update : it started working just after I posted this!!!

For those that have upgraded and still aren’t working, try disabling the integration for a day, then re-enable.

This is just a hail mary thought.

I have no idea if this will really work, the updates put in a pause if the servers complain about frequency, but I wonder if it is long enough to really clear the server counts.

Maybe @Lash-L can comment if he thinks I’m completely nuts. It would make my wife happy to see that in writing somewhere.

Otherwise, I would encourage gathering logs and raising an issue on the pymyq github page.

It works!!!

The issue here is broken handling of the 429 status when performing the oauth login.

The server response includes a “retry-after” field that indicates something like 1750 seconds of delay needed.

But the code ignores it and just retries again after a few seconds (2-20).

Do that enough times and the system locks you out.

I have actually seen the 429 status in the company’s own app, so this is not about them trying to throttle HA specifically.

Fixing the oauth status error handling should resolve this bug.

Bumping this! This worked for me. Thanks!

So annoying, it did not work for me.
Any other ideas / suggestions?

I’m on the last update and 429 started plaguing me today again. Will disable the integration for a few hours and see if that fixes it.

1 Like

Same here.

If @Lash-L is listening here, I’m OK with lowering the polling rate to every 60 secs – if that will satisfy Chamberlain’s service, and prevent callouts being blocked.

Its not ideal, but would be better than nothing at all.

I can’t use Paul’s ratgdo because I have a LiftMaster LA500UL gate opener…

Unfortunately I don’t think that will solve the problem. I have already decreased the api calls to about 1/3 of what they used to be in addition to my other changes. Other apis are able to poll Myq at a rate of 5-15 seconds. Something else is the cause imo. I don’t have a ton of time this week to try to look at it, but I will try my best. As a reminder to everyone - I don’t own one of these devices, and I am always looking for a new codeowner, I have had one user step forward and attempt to diagnose some problems, I will give them as much support as I can with my limited time this week and if they aren’t able to figure it out, I will try to solve what I can with my limited time

2 Likes

I’m a software developer by trade and have 2 MyQ garage door openers - I could take a look and see if I can figure out what’s going on! I was also just hit by the 429 errors. Odd since it was working prior to the latest HA Core update.

3 Likes

I tried the homebridge plugin and seeing the same issue there.

Now I am getting:

Authentication failed: Error requesting data from https://partner-identity.myq-cloud.com/connect/token: 401 - Unauthorized

Following this thread. I am completely new to HA so if someone figures this out and can explain to me like I’m 5 years old I would appreciate it. @Lash-L I tried to install your PyMyQ project out of GitHub I think I managed to do it successfully although following this thread it looks like it won’t fix the problem.

If anyone has a good link to a thread or YouTube video that explains how to get projects out of GitHub and install them in HA this newbie would really appreciate some tutorials so I understand what I’m doing.

Thanks to everybody and their hard work so far.

We fixed it yesterday and it failed again. Nothing for you to do right now but to hold tight

5 Likes