MYQ not working again

Does this integrate with HA or do you need Apple HomeKit?

Meross integrates through HACS

What is HACS? This? https://hacs.xyz/ If so I do not see how that is used to setup a garage door opener.

I found the Apple HomeKit Controller integration. Will this work?

Yes that is it, get it installed then you can add meross. Here is a screenshot from my home assistant setup with HACS

1 Like

Perfect thanks!

FYI: the myQ integration should be functioning again with the update to System 2020.12.2 as per the release notes:
( 2020.12.2)
( * Bump pyMyQ to version 2.0.12 (@ehendrix23 - #44328) (myq docs))
This will restore full functionality to myQ without requiring individual users to edit the User Agent string in their python implementation.
This should solve the issue until Chamberlain comes up with some other cheesy way to prevent people from legitimately using the API. Here’s hoping that will take a long, long time.

2 Likes

I too went that route. Installed yesterday and it has been stable since. I like how fast it is and that it closes as soon as you hit it. Hopefully the random user agent solves the issue in a more permanent way for the MyQ, but I was fed up myself. Keeping it for a few weeks at least to make sure the Meross is stable.

yes, I just hope it is released soon. I’m seriously considering the “Meross Smart Wi-Fi Garage Door Opener Remote” to avoid future headaches with myQ.

Just tested Release 2020.12.2 and MyQ integration is now working again! Thank you all.

1 Like

2020.12.2. ???

I’m showing 2020.12.7 of my supervisor version. Is that the same thing you are referring to?

Sorry if this is a dumb question. I’m still a novice.

Nevermind, I see the version number 2020.12.1 on my other about page.

Also just performed 2020.12.2 upgrade and now working again. Thank you to everyone for all the hard work on this!

1 Like

I created this post to track alternatives.

This was mainly for my benefit but I hope others will find it useful.

How many treads exist on this topic, do you have a count?

Confirmed worked as well

I wasn’t keeping track. I figured this to be the most salient, so I hope folks will notice and not simply “bump” the other posts wondering if there’s a fix yet.

Fixed with 2020.12.2

Hi, after updating to the latest 2020.12.2, the MyQ was working great again.
However i just saw that it is back to broken for me.
I doubled checked the Home Assistant version and I am indeed running version 2020.12.2.

Anybody else having the same problem ?
EDIT 1: Nevermind, it is working again.

EDT 2: I indeed found some errors in the logs:
Error requesting data from https://api.myqdevice.com/api/v5.1/Accounts/xxxxx/Devices: Server Error
Probably a temporary problem.

1 Like

The connection to the MyQ server appears to be intermittent, cutting in & out randomly. Anyone experience this ? HA Ver 2020.12.2 installed.

Screen Shot 2021-01-05 at 12.27.31 PM

Yep - also noticing this happening. Just started last night.

Same here. Started flaking out last night at 11:20pm ET: