MYQ not working again

I too went that route. Installed yesterday and it has been stable since. I like how fast it is and that it closes as soon as you hit it. Hopefully the random user agent solves the issue in a more permanent way for the MyQ, but I was fed up myself. Keeping it for a few weeks at least to make sure the Meross is stable.

yes, I just hope it is released soon. I’m seriously considering the “Meross Smart Wi-Fi Garage Door Opener Remote” to avoid future headaches with myQ.

Just tested Release 2020.12.2 and MyQ integration is now working again! Thank you all.

1 Like

2020.12.2. ???

I’m showing 2020.12.7 of my supervisor version. Is that the same thing you are referring to?

Sorry if this is a dumb question. I’m still a novice.

Nevermind, I see the version number 2020.12.1 on my other about page.

Also just performed 2020.12.2 upgrade and now working again. Thank you to everyone for all the hard work on this!

1 Like

I created this post to track alternatives.

This was mainly for my benefit but I hope others will find it useful.

How many treads exist on this topic, do you have a count?

Confirmed worked as well

I wasn’t keeping track. I figured this to be the most salient, so I hope folks will notice and not simply “bump” the other posts wondering if there’s a fix yet.

Fixed with 2020.12.2

Hi, after updating to the latest 2020.12.2, the MyQ was working great again.
However i just saw that it is back to broken for me.
I doubled checked the Home Assistant version and I am indeed running version 2020.12.2.

Anybody else having the same problem ?
EDIT 1: Nevermind, it is working again.

EDT 2: I indeed found some errors in the logs:
Error requesting data from Server Error
Probably a temporary problem.

1 Like

The connection to the MyQ server appears to be intermittent, cutting in & out randomly. Anyone experience this ? HA Ver 2020.12.2 installed.

Screen Shot 2021-01-05 at 12.27.31 PM

Yep - also noticing this happening. Just started last night.

Same here. Started flaking out last night at 11:20pm ET:


I’ve had this issue since about the same time as you. Logs show the following:

2021-01-05 14:17:30 WARNING (MainThread) [pymyq.api] Device update failed; trying again in 2 seconds
2021-01-05 14:17:32 WARNING (MainThread) [pymyq.api] Device update failed; trying again in 4 seconds
2021-01-05 14:17:36 WARNING (MainThread) [pymyq.api] Device update failed; trying again in 5 seconds
2021-01-05 14:17:42 ERROR (MainThread) [pymyq.api] Error requesting data from<ACCOUNT>/Devices: Server Error
2021-01-05 14:17:42 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.myq] Unexpected error fetching myq devices data: Error requesting data from<ACCOUNT>/Devices: Server Error
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/", line 144, in async_refresh = await self._async_update_data()
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/", line 132, in _async_update_data
return await self.update_method()
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pymyq/", line 223, in update_device_info
devices_resp = await self.request(
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pymyq/", line 154, in request
return await self._send_request(
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pymyq/", line 119, in _send_request
raise RequestError(message)
pymyq.errors.RequestError: Error requesting data from<ACCOUNT>/Devices: Server Error

It works intermittently… not completely down.

Ditto, mine has been on and off over 100 times since mid-last night.

Unfortunately it is setting all sorts of alerts off on security. I’ve completely disabled it for now.

Yes. On the one hand, it’s showing that the new approach is working. (Chamberlain is locking out some User Agent and the revised HA code is creating a new one that works. You get disconnected and then reconnected.) I might hope that Chamberlain will get tired of doing this and just stop.
On the other hand, we get this off-again / on-again operation that’s annoying, especially if it’s in an off phase when you want it to work.
I may end up writing a not-so-nice letter to Chamberlain telling them why I’ll never buy another Liftmaster/Chamberlain product.
(This will probably accomplish nothing.)
What I’m (ultimately) going to do is toss out the myQ add-on hardware and determine which of the various by-passes that actually work reliably I’ll use.
Please check the MyQ Alternatives thread or post to that one if you feel the need to point to your favority alternative.


Maybe… I just substituted home_assistant_user_2021 as my user agent instead of the random string and I’m starting to see the same disconnect/reconnect behavior. So could be independent of the user agent and something else with their API.

Can confirm in the past 2 hours (with user agent hardcoded as home_assistant_user_2021) I have approximately the same amount of random disconnects and reconnects as I have since first disconnect at 10:06:49pm Central last night, Jan 4th.