MYQ not working again

I’m still getting the errors on mine as well. I have a telegram bot setup that displays the status of my garage doors when they change. It’s cycling between unavaible (the 400 error) then closed about a minute later every 10-15 minutes since updating to 2021.1.1.

1 Like

Since updating to 2021.1.1, I get the following error every few minutes:

Unexpected error fetching myq devices data: Error requesting data from https://api.myqdevice.com/api/v5.1/Accounts/<random string>/Devices: 500 - Server Error

Same as @gwaland, my status seems to cycle between the correct status and unavailable.

500 errors are generally an issue with the server, not with the client. Are we polling MyQ too often? Perhaps their infrastructure can’t take it?

Edit: seems to be a known issue with MyQ’s transition from the v5 API to the v6.

I have this in my logs:

Error requesting data from https://api.myqdevice.com/api/v5.1/

Is that what you are talking about?

If you don’t have a MyQ device that supports HomeKit then I don’t think it’ll work for you. There are some details here:

If your opener doesn’t have the feature natively you can add this:

I should add that lots of people have complaints about the HomeKit bridge and say it isn’t reliable though I’ve found it to be pretty good once I added it to Home Assistant.

PR https://github.com/home-assistant/core/pull/44972 has been opened allowing user agent to be set upon setup or afterwards as an option.

I think we should all continue to make it known that the lack of a public API is bad business and will lead to customer retention issues / customer acquisition issues for Chamberlain if they don’t adapt.

I reached out and figured I’d share their response - though I doubt it will move the needle much. The more they see this though, the more they may become open to it? Hopefully…

Yeah, sadly this breaks all this time because MyQ refuses to offer an API, so Home Assistant is using an unofficial API that emulates the MyQ app, so every time MyQ decides to make a change, it stops working, usually it gets patched pretty quickly though.

Are others still getting the constant disconnects and reconnects in the history of the myq devices or did I miss a fix to that as well?

Mine still, and I removed this integration for now.

Mine is working and stopping every few mins :frowning:

Interesting note: Mine has been doing exactly as yours and others report (with uptimes ranging from 10-30 minutes, followed by unavailable for roughly a minute) until 10:00:21 PM last night. As of that time, it has stopped going off-line. (No off-lines for 6 hours now.)

I also see that it seams to be polling the door very frequently, is this polling needed ?
I mean you can see that status of the door ? so I dont see the need of polling it ? Maybee they blocking cause all of our packest are polling so much ?

I’m sure it’s related to that. The official word from Chamberlain is that they don’t have an “open” API and so tend to view anything using their servers with a bit of suspicion, but it can’t hurt to cut down the polling period. (I don’t need to know the second my door changes state.)

I’m in the same boat. It was working as of 2021.1.1 (but with the 15- to 30-minute disconnection/reconnection). Now as of 10:00PM last night the connection has been solid.

Mine is almost exactly the opposite. I have had solid connection with no unavailability, since the last update, until 2345 last night. A little bit before midnight I lost complete connection, however, that probably has nothing to do with MyQ and maybe a little to do with the tree my neighbor and I were cutting apart and moving off our road at midnight.

Mine has been fine, except for a 1 minute window in the middle of the night, since about 10:04 PM last night.

Mine has been working fine as well with no disconnects since last night at 10:00 pm ET

Actually I am seeing the same. I wonder what changed?

Something changed as of last night CST… The connection is now being maintained for 16 hours. Running HA version 2021.1.1

1 Like

Yes. Whatever changed, it happened at 10pm EST, 9pm CST, etc.