MYQ not working again

If you’re device is fully set up (including Home Kit on your phone) then all you need to do is delete the device / hub from your Apple Home Kit Home and use the Home Assistant HomeKit Controller integration to add it to Home Assistant.

You don’t have to reset anything.

edit. Nevermind. I guess it didn’t update to 2021.1.1. I’m still showing 2020.12.7

edit2: I just realized 2020.12.7 is for Supervisor. 2021.1.1 is for Core. I never realized until now I have three and not two things to check versions for in HA. I have now updated the Core through SSH but did it before checking if it was already on 2021.1.1. So now I wait to see if the intermittent problem returns.

edit3. It just happened again. So 2021.1.1 didn’t fix it for me.

Seems to be working for me. Are you sure everything is up to date?

btw if it’s of any value, it looks like MyQ is offering free linking to IFTTT and a few others. They don’t ask for a credit card and it says it doesn’t expire til 2023.

http://myqservices.com/

Updated to latest HA, remove myq and added it back. Still happening.

Just curious, what is the main usage you use for this myq integration to HA?

1 Like

I just updated HA to 2021.1.1 and reinstalled theMyQ integration. All is working as it should at the moment.

1 Like

I just got mine working about 2 weeks ago by patching the system as described in this thread. Now, broken again? Irritating.

Standing by for advice on what the next patch is…

Yes, Home Assistant OS 5.10, Supervisor 2020.12.7, and Core version: 2021.1.1. Nothing else to update. it’s still happening.

I had the same issues described over past couple of days, I just updated to the latest release and then reinstalled the integration and all working now. Also Google Assistant is able to close the garage door again now; open has worked, but not close in the past few released for me using Nabu Casa integration.

I’m sorry, no idea what’s wrong.

mine is working from UI, but error still happening in the log file.
also the state changed to unavailable from time to time like every 5 minutes.

1 Like

I have the MyQ app on my phone, the MyQ integration on HA, and I do not have a HomeKit. I added the HomeKit Controller integration and I do not see the garage door an option. What am I missing?

Same here. The logbook shows a cycle of MyQ Gateway disconnected then 1 minute later connected then 3 minutes later disconnected. It happens over and over again.

I wonder if jjross has the disconnects in his logbook.

I’m not the only that got thrown off on the version. See also 2021.1: Happy New Year!

It’s been fixed in pymyq. If you don’t mind editing your core files, you can fix it yourself:

This is the file:
/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pymyq/api.py

This is the commit with the fix, just make the same changes by hand and restart home assistant:

Thanks! I got mine working again!

What’s the command in HassOS through SSH to check the setting to verify that it needs to be changed? Then which command needs to be sent to change it?

For example, on a recent user agent change the command was

docker exec -it homeassistant sed -i 's/okhttp\/3.10.0/pymyq/g' /usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pymyq/api.py

that fix is already in latest docker if you are running docker.
however still throws error on the logfile

1 Like

I figured it was redundant but wanted to verify by also checking the setting. Core is a docker image in HassOS so it should be the same as running docker is the way I understand it.

I think a lot of people have MyQ excluded from recorder or they don’t look at their logbook to see the intermittent problem.

I don’t have it excluded in recorder and I have a history-graph below my garage door button in Lovelace so I see the intermittent problem. I also have Unavailable Sensor Detection and Notification which alerts me when a cover, sensor, device or entity goes unavailable.

Fixed? I’ve updated to 2021.1.1 and still see the intermittent myQ server connection errors with the garage door entities becoming temporarily unavailable.

@ehendrix - Erik, I see in your pymq 2.0.13 update that you removed the random user-header and reverted to “pymyq” as the default header string. You’ve also added a means to specify a custom header string in the api.py call.

How is this custom header configured in Home Assistant during the login?

Does a custom header really solve the problem with the myQ v5 infrastructure apparently crumbling in transition to v6?

1 Like