MYQ not working again

I have to say I am really impressed with how fast the HA team fixed this. I am even more impressed that on the myq integration page they had an alert pointing to this issue. Alerts | Home Assistant Alerts

As luck would have it, I just had my garage door installed a few days ago and it didn’t just work. Thankfully this was fixed quickly. It detected the camera on my garage door opener, but it shows up as cover.garage_door_camera. I’m not really sure what to do with this though. I wish that my Chamberlain reported the temperature setting back such that I could have that as another sensor on HA. Ah well.

i had the MYQ integration installed and working before May 5 when it broke for all. How exactly do I need to fix this now? delete and reinstall?

How did you make this work? any insights?

I have an automation set up that states - when my door is opening - turn lights on and closed turn them off.

It works fine with IFTTT but never works with Hassio.

So when adding the automation in HASSIO

and executing it by pressing execute my lights and everything work. However, when the actual door opens or closes - nothing happens.

Am I missing something?

I had to change my automation from triggering on closed->opening to just triggering on the transition to open.

The MyQ integration used to always go through the transition of closed->opening->open. Now it will [normally] go directly from closed->open. It will still occasionally go through all three states but not always.

Unfortunate, because l did like that my light would come on as the door was rising vs. waiting for it to be fully opened. Hopefully we can get that back at some point.

Hope that helps

Nope does not work.

Not sure if this is it, but I am triggering of the device state v. the device.

Screen Shot 2020-05-28 at 5.41.45 PM

Nope! argh — possible to share a screenshot of your whole automation flow?

Quit working. Uninstalled, rebooted ha. Keeps giving me unexpected error when trying to log in after reinstalling. I even tried the terminal patch for docker same error? Can anyone confirm it’s still working please?

Mine is also unavailable

Same here. This is happening every month. This makes the current integration absolutely unreliable.

1 Like

Exactly, and if it’s unreliable what’s the point. Although from my previous experience with Myq on another platform, it’s not the plugins fault; they seem to be hell bent on keeping people from exploiting the web portal to enable third party access for free.

1 Like

it’s pretty crazy how often this thing goes unavailable. i’m thinking of doing some switches and an esp to get something more that’s possibly reliable

1 Like

The pymyq library that HA depends on had to be patched again due to Chamberlain updates. The fix to pymyq 2.03 is already in place.

HA’s myq integration has also been updated to load pymyq 2.03 , and is pending a merge into HA for hopefully the next release.

Annoying as hell, but great fast work by @bdraco. Thanks!

EDIT:
HA .110.5 just released, contains the patch…

2 Likes

Can confirm

Latest Home Assistant 0.110.5 fixes the MyQ authentication issue.

1 Like

Here we go again! Updated to .111 and MyQ is broken again! The A-Holes at MyQ apparently love changing the API on practically a weekly basis

3 Likes

Mine stopped working before I updated to 0.111

1 Like

Down as of this morning

1 Like

Broken again this morning for me.

1 Like