MYQ not working again

Broken again for me

Yeah they have a subscription model so they are definitely changing it weekly so they can stop the rest of us using it without paying. I will never give them any more money! Greedy people

2 Likes

Agreed. It is unreal that they expect us to pay a subscription fee to open the garage. I think it’s time for me to put a relay on my Konnected panel in my garage

1 Like

It’s ridiculous. I understand that there are costs associated with providing the service, but, this was not a cheap product, specially if you have multiple doors and need a sensor for each one.

I’m seriously considering just giving up on it and go the DIY route on the garage.

2 Likes

So what are our options to get a reliable integration?

Hardwired DIY solution?
Get HA to go thru IFTTT to get to MyQ?
Get HA to go thru HomeKit to get to MyQ?
Other ideas?

What are the Pros And cons of each approach?

I use Konnected and connect directly to the HA Raspberry PI… I’m going to add a relay to my Konnected board and it will be completely local

I am having issues with my MyQ again. Restarted HA for some other reason and MyQ is gone.
From the Log:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config_entries.py", line 217, in async_setup
    hass, self
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/myq/__init__.py", line 36, in async_setup_entry
    myq = await pymyq.login(conf[CONF_USERNAME], conf[CONF_PASSWORD], websession)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pymyq/api.py", line 172, in login
    await api.authenticate(username, password)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pymyq/api.py", line 121, in authenticate
    self._security_token = auth_resp["SecurityToken"]
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not subscriptable

Here are version info:

docker_version 19.03.8
hassio true
host_os HassOS 4.10
installation_type Home Assistant
os_name Linux
os_version 4.19.126-v7l
python_version 3.7.7
supervisor 227
timezone America/New_York
version 0.111.0

Tried restarting HA many time but could not MyQ to talk to HA. Help!

Fixed after updating to 0.111.1 :grinning:

3 Likes

Also fixed for me by upgrading to 0.111.1!

2 Likes

same here, I hope that MyQ can stop changing this every few weeks… or at least get HA as an official partner!

Spot on. I’m working on an alternative solution now. Chamberlain / Liftmaster is openly hostile to their customers. I’m out on doing business with them.

I’m happy to test if you come up with a solution. Mine just went offline again.

1 Like

Sorry for the confusion. I meant I’m looking for an alternative to MyQ. I’m done using their stuff because they’re actively making it hard for their customers to use it. Not a company I’m interested in dealing with.

2 Likes

Just adding that I’m not able to update from 111.0 to 111.4, and that MyQ is not working for me as well.

Lots of disk space available on my SD card, so no idea what the problem is.

20-06-25 17:34:32 ERROR (SyncWorker_5) [supervisor.docker.interface] Can’t install homeassistant/raspberrypi3-homeassistant:0.111.4 -> 404 Client Error: Not Found (“no such image: homeassistant/raspberrypi3-homeassistant:0.111.4: No such image: homeassistant/raspberrypi3-homeassistant:0.111.4”).
20-06-25 17:34:32 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.homeassistant] Update Home Assistant image fails

I wonder if the issues are related?

Running 111.4 and I can confirm that MYQ integration is not working again. Just restarted my HA and here is the error I see
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config_entries.py”, line 217, in async_setup
hass, self
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/myq/init.py”, line 36, in async_setup_entry
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pymyq/api.py”, line 176, in login
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pymyq/api.py”, line 123, in authenticate
login_request=True,
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pymyq/api.py”, line 92, in request
data = await resp.json(content_type=None)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/aiohttp/client_reqrep.py”, line 1040, in json
return loads(stripped.decode(encoding))
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/json/init.py”, line 348, in loads
return _default_decoder.decode(s)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/json/decoder.py”, line 337, in decode
obj, end = self.raw_decode(s, idx=_w(s, 0).end())
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/json/decoder.py”, line 353, in raw_decode
obj, end = self.scan_once(s, idx)
json.decoder.JSONDecodeError: Expecting ‘,’ delimiter: line 4 column 66 (char 115)

Issue has been fixed: #37100

It will require a HA update to push the new version, or you can manually change the api.py file to match the new user agent.

2 Likes

Seems as if this has started up yet again. Starting to get really old. Anyone else seeing the same?
Dump from my log:

2020-06-25 17:37:56 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.config_entries] Error setting up entry <EMAIL REMOVED> for myq
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config_entries.py", line 217, in async_setup
    hass, self
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/myq/__init__.py", line 36, in async_setup_entry
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pymyq/api.py", line 176, in login
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pymyq/api.py", line 123, in authenticate
    login_request=True,
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pymyq/api.py", line 92, in request
    data = await resp.json(content_type=None)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/aiohttp/client_reqrep.py", line 1040, in json
    return loads(stripped.decode(encoding))
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/json/__init__.py", line 348, in loads
    return _default_decoder.decode(s)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/json/decoder.py", line 337, in decode
    obj, end = self.raw_decode(s, idx=_w(s, 0).end())
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/json/decoder.py", line 353, in raw_decode
    obj, end = self.scan_once(s, idx)
json.decoder.JSONDecodeError: Expecting ',' delimiter: line 4 column 65 (char 114)

Mine stopped working again today. I’m in process of switching my garage door control to Konnected relays

2 Likes

So I have some code that I have been using for 2-3 years for allowing Alexa to control MyQ and so far it has not given me issues except for once years ago. It is using a myq v4 api and the api for HA is using v5. Not sure if this is to allow newer/more devices but I am about to try implementing my code from Alexa into my HA. If I can, maybe I’ll can try to look into either making a v4 specific myq component or add it into the existing one and allow users to select which api version to use.

If anyone knows if v5 offers anything additional that HA uses vs v4 then please let me know. Also, my code does not require a user agent which is what seems to be the constant issue with v5.

Can you explain what I need to manually change please.