MYQ not working again

Yep broken for me again too. I was using homebridge to workaround the original issue and both don’t work… frustrating…

Also, “was opening” is not being reported anymore.

Homebridge is also having problem with the api error, 429 - Too Many Requests · Issue #1128 · hjdhjd/homebridge-myq · GitHub. So maybe MYQ api has changed again.

I’m switching too. Just ordered a couple. I dislike cloud control and they’re only providing motivation to get around that.

the thing is that ratgdo HW is not open source and also back ordered. I am going with zwave relay i had that i didnt use and a zigbee tilt sensor that i also didnt have. So that way i can monitor the state of the door. Also a shelly will do with a contact sensor for a more basic implementation

ratgdo is open source and after October he expects to have enough boards not to have to take backorders anymore.

Yes. Broke again! (gate opener). :grimacing:

it is not. The software is. But not the HW schematics. I want to build my own board with some mods, but files not available. Go take a look at github…

ratgdo is the firmware, which is open source.

Yeah, but have you looked at the board photos? Have you asked?

If you’re the type to make your own board, I don’t think reverse engineering the board would be a huge task. Looks like mostly direct leads to the D1 chip with some resistors in line?

Consider the $15 a contribution to get a sample to probe.

https://paulwieland.github.io/ratgdo/

ratgdo is the solution to which the HW is closed. Let’s be clear and not confuse people here.

Yes i have asked, it is on the github issues along with many other people asking for it. No complain, but let’s not brag that this is all open source when parts of it are NOT

The firmware being open is the aspect most are interested in. The hardware being closed is secondary. Actually, most if not all open source devices have components that are closed source.

to your judgement…not going to waste more time discussing this w you. The point is, a full open source solution would be the best choice. Not depending on a single person ssecret files, so boards are available and people can actually use it. In any case a full open source and open hardware solution is overdue. Mayeb it exists already somewhere else

While a purist open source aspiration is desirable, it’s also utopic. If you don’t want to depend on secrets, mine the minerals, cast the transistors and build your own electronics.

In the case of ratgdo I don’t mind if the board is open or closed source. However, the boards the guy is using are ESP8266 D1 modules, which you can buy and apparently flash yourself with the firmware posted on Github.

Where on Github is the issue with the open source discussion? I couldn’t find it.

If you study the pictures of the board and how it is wired and use a little electronics knowledge, you’d come to the conclusion the board is just a shield with a couple mosfets, a few resistors, a diode, and a breakout terminal for screwing in wire. Only three pins are absolutely needed/used and you just need a mosfet or voltage divider on them to handle the communication control and obstruction feedback. In fact if you dig around in the issues list (I did the searching for you, go here) you will find a discussion where someone did make their own board and they shared the components they are using along with a schematic drawn by a maintainer of the ESPHome port of ratgdo. But please, as the note states on the ESPHome port page, support Paul (the creator of ratgdo and the one who reverse engineered the Security+ 2.0 control protocol) and buy his board.

3 Likes

ifttt sucks. I making a bot to spam their myq iOS app reviews to reflect my feeling towards chamberlain

Also , buy cheap liftmaster remote from amazon $14 then use a meross HK solder the leads to the remote install dry contact mag sensor to door, viola!

Costs more and provides less functionality than ratgdo.

thanks for the link.

I just installed a ratgdo. Garage door works great! MyQ iPhone app and HA integration have been uninstalled.

1 Like