MYQ not working again

Here is the button. Again, this is now display only, no toggle.

type: custom:button-card
entity: sensor.garage_car_door_position
name: Car Door
show_entity_picture: true
state:
  - value: Closed
    icon: mdi:garage-variant
    color: red
  - value: Open
    icon: mdi:garage-open-variant
    color: green
  - value: Moving
    icon: mdi:garage-alert-variant
    color: orange
aspect_ratio: 1/1
size: 60%
show_label: false
styles:
  card:
    - padding: 5px 15px
    - '--mdc-ripple-color': '#EAAA00'
    - '--mdc-ripple-press-opacity': 0.5
    - background-color: |
        [[[
          if (entity.state == 'Closed') return '#008450';
          if (entity.state == 'Open') return '#EC1B2D';
          return '#707070';
        ]]]
  name:
    - color: white
    - font-family: Ariel
    - font-size: 1.2rem
  icon:
    - color: white
    - width: 4.5rem
    - height: 4.5rem

+1 for this. First use I’ve found for Homebridge personally. So far it’s been reliable for the last few days. Will hold me over till my ratgdo ships.

Latest pymyq lib has the fix. Per @Lash-L, it will be in 10.2.

For those that don’t want to wait for 10.2, updating the pymyq lib to Release v3.1.13 works.

I’m currently on 2023.9.3 and working with the new lib.

Add the new Aqara T2 to the opener and you should be good to go.

Not with a Security 2.0 opener.

I updated my pymyq to version 3.1.13 (GitHub - Python-MyQ/Python-MyQ) and things are working again for me. But I have no confidence that it will continue working.

Then take the time now to implement a local solution.

Will it work with gate openers?

I don’t have one so can’t say. If the previous MyQ versions worked before they broke, I would expect the update to work.

1 Like

I downloaded the 3.1.13 release and put the pymyq in my configuration folder and rebooted HA. I’m getting 429 warnings in my logs. Any ideas?

Was the integration disabled before the update? If not, MyQ may still have a frequency limit in place.

I had mine disabled since it last broke, so there had been no attempts in over a day. Doubt you need to go that long.

Or they may have already changed things again.

You’re right! Looks like I just had to wait for some sort of timeout to clear. Up and running again

Updating the files from Github and rebooting worked for me. Thanks!

Updating to 10.2 and deleting pymyq folder did it for my gate opener for now.

1 Like

Yes, you can use a smart relay like the Aqara T2 with a Security 2.0 opener. You just need to solder jump wires to your existing wall button or purchase a 883LMW. The two leads can then be connected to the smart relay.

Aaaaand working again. LOL

Strictly coincidentally - Anyone wanna buy my old GD00Z-4, feel free to message me.

ugh, broken again

1 Like

MyQ “disconnected” at 9am PST. Right about that time I open the garage door outside of HA. Has not reconnected. I restarted HA and am getting 429’s from MyQ. I am on 2023.10.3. No pymyq subdir.

I think that they’ll keep antagonizing the API calls leaving us no choice but to ditch the cloud and switch to local control. By my part I just ordered a ratgdo board.

1 Like

Are we sure we’re handling 429s correctly? Respecting the “retry-after” response header and/or doing exponential backoffs? I’m looking for that sort of code in home-assistant/core and pymyq and not seeing it. Not exactly sure which branches to look in …

I do see this sort of code in the simplisafe-python library for example. But not in pymyq.