MyQ Server Errors Cause HA to Change State

For the past several days, my automation that monitors my garage door has been firing when the door doesn’t change state. After digging through the logs, I found this:

2018-09-26 17:48:48 ERROR (Thread-5) [pymyq] MyQ - API Error[get_devices] 500 Server Error: Internal Server Error for url: https://myqexternal.myqdevice.com/api/v4/UserDeviceDetails/Get
2018-09-26 17:49:37 ERROR (Thread-13) [pymyq] MyQ - API Error[get_devices] 500 Server Error: Internal Server Error for url: https://myqexternal.myqdevice.com/api/v4/UserDeviceDetails/Get

Every time that error appears, my garage door shows that it has opened. Then after a few seconds, it will report as closed. The error message indicate that it isn’t a Home Assistant problem, but I wouldn’t expect a remote server error to cause HA to change state. Anyone else seeing this?

I’m seeing this as well, and is causing the door into my garage to unlock. Does a reboot solve it? Reboots have solved my previous MyQ problems

Nope. The errors persist

Dang :confused: So seems like an issue on Chamberlain’s servers?

Yeah, a 500 server error is an error on their side.

The whole MyQ component has been buggy since forever. It rarely works without a reboot every few days for me, and has been that way for over a year.

Ditto. I set up a automation to reboot when it starts going wonky, but I guess I’ll just have to wait for Chamberlain to fix the problem this time

I was having the same issues. My wife kept freaking out thinking someone was opening the garage door in the middle of the night I have had to turn off those automations for the time being.

I’m seeing this too. It started a few days ago. I have a light in my hallway that is on if the garage door is open. That darn thing was going on and off all night long and kept on waking me up. I finally just unplugged the light.

Me as well. Had to pause my automation relating to garage door status. Just checked, server errors are still prevalent today

Try adding

scan_interval: 300

to your cover config in the configuration.yaml. 300 is the number of seconds to hit the API. The default interval for API updates for a cover is 15 seconds, maybe that is too fast for Chamberlain. I use 300 since knowing if the door is open or closed within 5 minutes is enough for me. You may want it shorter or longer. See if that helps.

1 Like

FYI, looks like there was a commit included in the latest non-dev version that added discrete states for opening and closing but missed the open state. A fix for that has already been committed into the dev branch so should show up in next release.

1 Like

The new update on 0.79 doesn’t seem to solve the issue for me. I am still getting the below when opening and stopping the door halfway. The system doesn’t seem to recognize the ‘opening’ / ‘stopped’ state, though it does see ‘closing’ and ‘closed’:

2018-09-28 21:24:14 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py”, line 234, in async_update_ha_state
state = self.state
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/cover/init.py”, line 231, in state
if self.is_opening:
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/cover/myq.py”, line 109, in is_opening
return MYQ_TO_HASS[self._status] == STATE_OPENING
KeyError: ‘stopped’

The above occurs when I am running the ‘open’ and then ‘stop’ command. Otherwise, the below is happening in the background and writing to the log file:

2018-09-28 21:20:29 ERROR (SyncWorker_11) [pymyq] MyQ - API Error[get_devices] 500 Server Error: Internal Server Error for url: https://myqexternal.myqdevice.com/api/v4/UserDeviceDetails/Get
2018-09-28 21:20:29 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py”, line 234, in async_update_ha_state
state = self.state
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/cover/init.py”, line 231, in state
if self.is_opening:
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/cover/myq.py”, line 109, in is_opening
return MYQ_TO_HASS[self._status] == STATE_OPENING
KeyError: False

Same Error for me.

Is there a GitHub issue for this?

I am having the exact same issue anyone know if there is an open issue for this?

0.79.3 stopped giving me the repeating open/close messages causing my automations to go on and off all night. But I’m still getting the error in the message log.