NAS mount on HASS OS

I completely agree. My NAS server is a lot slower then my HA server and would love to run jellyfin, plex and other stuff on my HA instance instead as running it in synology.

2 Likes

It’s amazing that this isn’t possible. Why even have a Plex add-on without this ability. Seems like a massive oversight.

3 Likes

This is my use case as well, very similar to bjornb & others… I spent a couple of days / late nights trying to figure out how I might achieve something like this before I finally gave up.

• I want to use my QNAP NAS to serve my media files, but I want the frontend to run from Home Assistant OS on my Raspberry Pi
  • I also would like to store cam recordings, system backups, etc. directly on the NAS
4 Likes

I would love to see this implemented too.

1 Like

Lets go baby, more votes <3

1 Like

Being able to save / record to a network share would really be a smart choice.
I like that motionEye can record to network drive already but Frigate can’t for example and this is where an option like this would be very very useful :slight_smile:
Many thanks in advance!

3 Likes

Agreed, adding a network share right now is way too complicated for normal users

3 Likes

Also supporting this feature request. Not being able to mount a network drive is very restrictive and limiting.

2 Likes

I vote for this as well. I’ve been at this for close to 3 days now trying to mount a drive and NOTHING has worked. Adding a network file share in Windows is super simple & straight forward.

This should have been implemented BEFORE the new media browser.

Not everyone wants all their media on the same machine as their HASS OS.

3 Likes

I venture that “not everyone” is in reality “hardly anyone”.
Up-voting this feature request. It is a logical next step for media as well as storage of backups, etc…

3 Likes

Incredible that this doesn’t work. It’s a standard feature of any OS.
I’ve been tearing my hair out for 2 days over this, so I hope they include this in one of the coming updates.

2 Likes

Yes. I also have tried quite a few evenings with so many different shell commands. Some of them actually created a share, but even with permissions right I couldn’t read, let alone write.

Hopefully this feature will be implemented soon as it’s basic Linux.

3 Likes

Upvoting this as it’s a basic feature that should be easily implemented.
The use for this is also extensive: Plex libraries, NVR storage, media storage for use in automations, backup storage, …
Especially with people running HA on Raspberry Pi it’s a very welcome addition.
Personally, my NAS hasn’t the performance to run Plex transcoding, but the NUC that I run HA on has plenty. Only, I can’t put a 4TB SSD in that hardware…

2 Likes

Sooooo… with the 2022.3 release there is an auto discover DLNA integration.

It’s a great first step. But I still think think creating a method by which users can mount a network drive for other files is something worthwhile.

2 Likes

Please, make this possible! How come this isn’t working already??

1 Like

I would highly support this feature, the ability of using external storage is also needed if we would like to export historical data and train some ML model.

2 Likes

@frenck, do you know is there any work track including the above feature in the future?

Thanks in advance