Need help troubleshooting standing desk

Hello everyone! I know this is a bit of a different post than expected, but after reading through this thread I think someone here might be able to help me!

I have a Fully Jarvis L-Shape standing desk. This desk operates with Jiecang Linear Actuator system which after some research is very common. My problem can be seen in this video. Basically this desk has worked great for a few years, but all of a sudden only the “lower” button works. I can’t raise it.

Fully was acquired by Herman Miller. I reached out to them and they told me they don’t support this anymore, but they would give me a refund. That’s great and all I can really expect from them, but now I have a massive desk that isn’t functioning which I would much rather fix vs dump and buy a new one. Obviously saves money, but also significant environmental impact (the desk is currently lower than anyone would want, because unfortunately as I was playing around with this problem I realized too late that I could only lower and not raise!)

Anyway, After reading through the above linked thread and realizing that other companies use the same controllers, I ordered two different Uplift keypads. Both “worked” but had the same problem. They will operate the desk, but only lower it, not raise it.

So now i’m getting to my question for this community (thanks for bearing with my wordy preamble). Which component do you think is likely to be the culprit? My assumption is it’s the big control box (picture attached). Does this seem likely? I found a website (lifeeasysupply dot com) which says I can order a replacement here, so that’s my plan. But I first wanted to see what the folks here think is my problem.

At this point, I have a nonfunctional gigantic desk and I just want to get it working again. Happy to send any further pictures, etc. if that would help identify the problem. Thank you so much in advance!

1 Like

Have you found out how to reset the controller?

The down only movement reminds me a little of when I errored out mine.

Here’s the reset sequence for mine.

How To Reset The Control Panel Of The Desky Dual Sit Stand Desk!

1 Like

Also after that. maybe there is a way you can test that the motors/actuators haven’t failed.

Not sure exactly how to do that. Maybe with a multimeter checking resistance. Dunno.

Also I assume you’ve checked it all thoroughly by now, but do triple check all of your connections between controller/motors/panel and inspect cables/connectors for damage. Mine occasionally acts bizzare when I’ve been fiddling with cables.

Mine did this while I was setting up the Esp32 and I had an incorrect pin grounded.
Couldn’t figure out why it wouldn’t do anything except bottom out.

After the reset process above it worked again .

1 Like

OMG you are a lifesaver! Thank you, thank you, thank you! That worked and was so much simpler than I could have imagined!

2 Likes

Pretty funny support couldn’t point you to a reset;) Oh well your gain;)

2 Likes