Neo Coolcam PIR

by mistake I changed the first one. Now I am not able to put back to 100 the first and neither to change to 10 the second.

I tried at least 50 times, and now the button inside the PIR broke.

What a crap

Did you take the zwave stick out of the pi and re-inserted it? If so, did you try sudo reboot?

yes and yes, I think the address of the stick changed, now I put /dev/ttyAMA0

now I receive this in log

17-04-18 21:50:31 WARNING (Dummy-25) [openzwave] Z-Wave Notification DriverFailed : {‘homeId’: 0, ‘notificationType’: ‘DriverFailed’, ‘nodeId’: 255}

17-04-18 21:51:01 WARNING (Thread-1) [homeassistant.components.zwave] zwave not ready after 30 seconds, continuing anyway

no zwave device available …

I had this problem as well, but after a reboot it changed back to the original adress. Weird that a sudo reboot didnt do the same to you.

which problem you had?

And you did 2 sudo reboot or one? I did onem now doing the second

The problem you stated that address changed. One reboot should do the trick. I am not sure why a second reboot would do anything different then the first.

I don’t know if I have the second issue, (zwave not ready after 30 seconds) I have my loglevel set to critical, not to get lost in the big logs otherwise.

I rebooted, same problem, no devices shows

what are my options, all zwave devices disappeared …

Sorry to hear… I don’t know what is going wrong there. I experienced this once before myself. Did a factory reset of all z-wave devices and started over.

I don’t know if there is a better way to do it, but that was my approach. Not something you wanted to hear probably.

Strange /dev/ttyACM0 disappeared and instead came /dev/ttyAMA0 so I supposed had to put the latter in configuration. But gave the error

Now is back /dev/ttyACM0 so I rechanged configuration, rebooting now

now it works.

Trying to change the value to the second PIR, also a nightmare.

Its crap, a total crap

I am able to put ENABLE, but not change the value from 100 to 10

After numerous attempt … I don’t get it.

YOu think is an openzwave issue or a hardware issue?

Any other software I can try to change the LUX value?

Unfortunately I can’t access my home server from work so no screenshots but from what I remember I was able to adjust the sensitivity to something lower than 100 (it was a bit of a pain though, it took a number of tries).

From what I know, there are no free alternatives to OZWCP.

how many?

I tried 50 times and it didn’t work. Maybe I am missing something?

I think I did 20 tries or so but now that I tried again it only took two attempts.
ozwcp pir

This is how I did: in OZWCP, select the PIR sensor and then select Configuration. Select the parameter to change, enter the new value but don’t hit Submit. Now take off the back half of the PIR sensor and press the button three times rapidly. As soon as the sensor changes status in OZWCP to “Awake”, hit the Submit button.

Funny enough, now I notice that Lux Level Function Enable is disabled although I still get a measurement?

Edit: For some reason I could only use Chrome, not Internet Explorer 11 (OZWCP wouldn’t load).

LUX LEVEL FUNCTION, is disable??? It took me 20 attempts to finally put it in ENABLE, which position should it be?

mmhhh that could be also the problem, I used Opera (I think)

but it goes back to its original value after few seconds