Neo Smart Blinds

Hey,
has anyone got “Neo Smart Blinds” to work at all?
http://neosmartblinds.com/smartcontroller/

1 Like

Yes, but I am controlling through a Broadlink RM Pro. The blinds came with the RC206 remote. Curious how much the smart controller is, our installer wouldn’t even offer it.

Works well, but I am having a hard time trying to “learn” commands for favorite positions since these are activated with a press and hold command and I don’t know how to do that with the Broadlink, it doesn’t want to accept it.

Ah ok!
I’ve got the hub that came with it from Neo. Works well with the iPhone app, Alexa and the remote - but HA is where I want it :slight_smile:

Actually, I was forgetting that I hadn’t fully brought it into HA yet, I am still using webhooks and IFTTT. I see that IFTTT support is coming soon, that could be another option.

For the cost of the Broadlink, you may still want to consider it as you can control other devices as well.

Hi,

I work at Neo Smart Blinds. If anyone is interessed on integrating our system to HA I can send you the API for local integration. Just sent us a message at [email protected]

8 Likes

Hi rvarao, is there any news on the Alexa front for better control of the blinds. I have had 2 blinds installed at my Dads house, he is 90, and he is struggling with the concept of blinds on and blinds off.I wrote some routines for him but they do not work consistently if he forgets the names of the rooms or blind, Alexa can be very picky, I read that Neo are awaiting an upgrade to the skill to allow open and close rather than on and off. Or has this been done in IFTTT in a way that I could activate please?
Any help would be appreciated.

Hey, ive updated my blinds in alexa, so i can just say “bedroom blinds up[” or “bedroom blinds down” and it works.

infact, if you have alexa in that room, with the blinds, you can just say “blinds open” or “blinds up” or “blinds closed” or “blinds down” - make its much easier

i even created a “make it light” and “make it dark” routine, for ease of use :slight_smile:

Hey,
Any news on integrating this into home assistant.

1 Like

+1 looking for this still too

Thanks @Bacichetti for supplying the documentation

3 Likes

Just to confirm, you purchase blinds from Blindsgalore and did not purchase the Neo hub, and are instead able to use the Broadlink RM Pro with RF to control fully open and fully close with a high degree or reliability?

If so, I can make these fully Alexa and HomeKit compatible without ANOTHER specific hub :slight_smile:

That’s correct, I do not have the Neo hub. I am able to use any of the functions that require a momentary push of the remote button. I have not been able to get the “press and hold” functions to work, such as the favorites setting.

Just had a blinds company come and quote using the Neo Wi-Fi Controller, integrating into my home assistant is a must for me so does anyone have any solid report if this works?

Otherwise ill look elsewhere at some other companys.

works great for me

1 Like

Hey man so this is using the Neo hub? Going to get some blinds done this week :smiley:

yep!
neo hub and 2 blinds in the bedroom :slight_smile:

I have both RM mini and Pro, i tried pairing it using the Pro using the RF feature. It is able to learn the codes but will not control the blinds. I think it is due to the remote uses rolling codes for security similar to garage openers.

It works quite good with Alexa and Google assistants though integrating using the Neo Hub.

found this thread, I will try it out.

https://githubmemory.com/repo/mtgeekman/Home_Assistant_NeoSmartBlinds

Out of curiosity, did you accomplish this through the custom component below (or is there a “native” way to integrate the Neo Hub into HA)?

Would you mind sharing the code you used for the config yaml and the UI?