Netatmo Climates Unavailable

Hello,
Since the latest updates of HA Core to 2022.10.x all my Netatmo thermostats and valves are shown as “Unavailable”.
Does someone know what does it mean “Unavailable” and how to fix it ?
I have tried to delete the Netatmo integration and reinstall it. At Configuration stage, it does discover all devices (cameras, thermostat and valves) but afterward only cameras are OK, the “climate” stuffs are all “Unavailable”.

1 Like

Fixed in 2022.10.2

Well, I’ve made sure that my HA is updated to 2022.10.2 and it is.
But all the climate Netmatmo entities are still shown as Unavailable.

Please provide debug logs and diagnostics to inspect.

@cgtobi
There is no error related to Netatmo in the logs as shown below.
All the thermostat and valves do appear in the entities list but they are “Unavailable” as shown in the screenshot

2022-10-12 23:54:11.324 WARNING (SyncWorker_0) [homeassistant.loader] We found a custom integration icloud3 which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant

2022-10-12 23:54:11.329 WARNING (SyncWorker_0) [homeassistant.loader] We found a custom integration eufy_security which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant

2022-10-12 23:54:11.331 WARNING (SyncWorker_0) [homeassistant.loader] We found a custom integration meross_cloud which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant

2022-10-12 23:54:11.333 WARNING (SyncWorker_0) [homeassistant.loader] We found a custom integration alexa_media which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant

2022-10-12 23:54:11.335 WARNING (SyncWorker_0) [homeassistant.loader] We found a custom integration mbapi2020 which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant

2022-10-12 23:54:11.337 WARNING (SyncWorker_0) [homeassistant.loader] We found a custom integration aarlo which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant

2022-10-12 23:54:11.339 WARNING (SyncWorker_0) [homeassistant.loader] We found a custom integration hacs which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant

2022-10-12 23:54:37.301 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.config_entries] Config entry 'KPlug Cam' for homekit_controller integration not ready yet: Timeout while waiting for connection to device 192.168.1.16:80; Retrying in background

2022-10-12 23:54:37.838 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.homeassistant.triggers.numeric_state] Error initializing 'on_way_2spa' trigger: In 'numeric_state' condition: entity proximity.home state 'not set' cannot be processed as a number

2022-10-12 23:55:10.111 WARNING (Recorder) [homeassistant.components.sensor.recorder] The unit of sensor.garage_battery (%) can not be converted to the unit of previously compiled statistics (None). Generation of long term statistics will be suppressed unless the unit changes back to None or a compatible unit. Go to https://my.home-assistant.io/redirect/developer_statistics to fix this

Hello,
I have the same problem the “climate” stuffs are all “Unavailable”.
I have not found any errors in HA.
Uninstalling and installing the integration does nothing
I installed the beta versions the error did not disappear.

HA version Home Assistant 2022.11.1
Supervisor 2022.10.2
Operating System 9.3
Interface user: 20221102.1 - latest

For test I installed a clean HA and Netatmo integration and everything worked fine.

Home Assistant 2022.11.0
Supervisor 2022.10.2
Operating System 9.3
Interface user: 20221102.1 - latest

Please give me some pointers where to look for the cause I would not like to install HA from the beginning.

Hey!

Came here to report the same thing.

Home Assistant 2022.11.2
Supervisor 2022.10.2
Operating System 9.3
Frontend 20221108.0 - latest

HA logs are clean. All netatmo integrations are working except Netatmo Thermostat.
Thermostat is being listed as a device, but all entities are listed as unavaiable.
Neither integration reload or system restart gave any results.

Any help would be appreciated!

Mine came back after a week or so, without me doing anything special. Completely weird, I still do not understand why it happened.

Strange. I wonder if it could be Netatmo’s wonky API.

I have just updated HA Core to 2022.11.2 and the same issue happens again.
But this time, I’ve found the fix :smiley:
Go to Settings > Entities.
Click on an entity which is « Unavailable »
In the details window, click Update.
Repeat for each unavailable entity.

Unfortunately didn’t work for me :disappointed:

Just an idea, no guarantee it’ll work:
In the details window, change the name of the entity before update.

Thank you for your time and patience, but still no luck. I think I’ll try to remove integration, restart HA , and add it again.

I’ve been struggling with this for a few days and with no results. Removing the integration doesn’t do anything.
What I have noticed is that there is no device name for the thermostat and valves “device not named” in the loaded integration.

Well for me it is already a whole week. Funny because this ‘smart’ netatmo integration makes my heating system completely useless. Never had any problems like that with any of the devices I own.

Hello,
Same problem for me since I updated to 2022.11.2
Regards

Hello,
A restart of the Netamo relay at home, resolved the issue.
After that the Netatmo integration is working as before.
Regards

Hello,
In my case, restarting the relay does not do anything.

Nothing helped for me either.

I was able to add it via homekit!