Netatmo Doorbell

Thanks to @GlennHA for the idea. I now tried to include the doorbell in both HA and Homekit but it does not work.

I first unpaired the doorbell from homekit. After restarting HA, it founds the doorbell and İ could pair the two. HA can find two entities. First one is the camera of the doorbell. The second is a sensor.

Then I tried to include complete HA into Homekit. Al devices paired succefully except the netatmo presence and the netatmo doorbell.

Netatmo presence: it only founds the switch for the lights.
Netatmo doorbell: nothing…

Any update on this? :blush:

Right now the doorbell is only supported via HomeKit. Netatmo is still lacking a public API for the device.

Thats a shame… Thanks for the reply though.

Not sure I get the point here. As long as there is no public API provided by Netatmo there is nothing that can be implemented in pyatmo and HA. In the meantime you can use homekit to interact with the door bell.

Mattias, that’s a complaint that you should address to Netatmo. No one here is developing the API and while Netatmo doesn’t do that, there will be no integration with Home Assistant or anything else.

1 Like

Please NETATMO if you read this, make an API for your doorbell so we can get it into Home assistant just like your other great products.

:+1:t2:

3 Likes

Well, I think this will be a long standing feature request. First, they need to have an API and second a contributor needs to create an integration.
I am not even sure if Apple lets the manufacturers have an API of their own if they want to be certified by Apple for Homekit compatibility.
I really want to buy the doorbell. It looks and works great and I didn’t hear many negative feedback on it. But it has no open API and unfortunately, that is a big no for me. I will wait until the API is available before making a purchase. I wonder does anyone have any news regarding what plans Netatmo have regarding this?

I was told by Netatmo that the API documentation is in the making. When it will be available remains to be seen.

3 Likes

It is there since yesterday Netatmo Connect | Security API Documentation updated for the doorbell

1 Like

Yeah, thanks for the reminder. I noticed that too and am already working towards that.

2 Likes

Live video not available :frowning:
There it goes my plan to integrate it into the Synology Surveillance Station to replace the movement detection algorithm.

thank you!
If you need somebody for testing just let me know :slight_smile: I appreciate your effort guys :+1:

1 Like

Thank you for your hard work!
I didn’t write any plugin before, but if you need someone for testing (as a Software engineer) contact me please.

1 Like

Hey guys, same for me: I am about to install the doorbell this or next week, so if testing needs to be done I am willing and able!

1 Like

Hi @cgtobi
Would it be possible to have the Netatmo doorbell integrated within HA in the future? Or do you see any issues there?
Just to have the doorbell push and screenshot would be amazing in HA. I want to order one, but I really need these two things integrated in HA.

Many thanks!

This is being worked on. But I can’t give an ETA.

4 Likes

Thanks for the info and your work on this! Good to know that you’re working on it.

1 Like

@cgtobi Thanks! In the meanwhile, I’m trying to get doorbell notifications working through Homekit. Added the doorbell succesfully and that created a camera and binary sensor. Unfortunately, that last one is triggered for both doorbell presses + motion events so not really useful.

Anyone knows if we can listen to specific homekit events?

Hi all, I’m looking for potential alpha testers or people who are willing to grant me temporary access to their device (for development purposes only of course). A custom component will be available soon.

1 Like