Netatmo public - gone forever?

Me too.
Looking forward to the return of the netatmo public data.
To check if I missed it in the release notes, I reinstated my config; no errors :slight_smile: but no sensor :expressionless:
Hopefully the sensor will pop back when it’s released.

1 Like

You’ll probably have to configure it again, but you will be able to do that on the fly.

Hi

I’m also looking for the Netatmo Public data.

As far as I can see they are still not available.

I’ve configured Netatmo via Integrations, but I still have this in the sensors.yaml

- platform: netatmo
    areas:
      - lat_ne: !secret netatmo_public_lat_ne
        lon_ne: !secret netatmo_public_lon_ne
        lat_sw: !secret netatmo_public_lat_sw
        lon_sw: !secret netatmo_public_lon_sw

and I don’t see any entity

Will they ever come back in one of the 0.111.x version?

Thanks

For one, reading the thread would help.

2 Likes

Hi @cgtobi, thanks for you work on this, looking forward to the new integration.

In the meantime, instead of complaining, I wanted to test the integration from your PR to give you feedback. However, when I copy the netatmo folder to my custom_components (which should override the official integration) and try to add the Netatmo integration in the UI, it says that the integration is not configured (please follow the documentation). Do I have to add something to configuration.yaml if I only want public sensors? This wasn’t clear to me from the updated docs.

1 Like

Hi David, do I understand you correctly that you only want to use public sensors without having actual Netatmo devices?

Anyhow, the public sensors are manageable through the UI. I’ll try to post an example later.

1 Like

Exactly. I don’t have an account.

Ok, you actually need a Netatmo account. Not a dev account if use the account linking, only if you’re gonna use configuration.yaml.

Thanks! I did it with a dev account now, credentials in the YAML. I was now able to add the integration. First potential issue: the redirect URL contained my local IP rather than my public URL even though I have base_url set. I believe this might be affected by this issue: https://github.com/home-assistant/core/issues/35844
Manually changing the URL worked.

Now when I click on “options” in the integration, I get a modal form with two options: a dropdown “Weather areas” and an input “Area name”. However, when I click on the dropdown, nothing happens. What am I missing?

I also wanted to try the integration. But when I copied the netatmo-integration in my custom_components folder, the integration wont start with my credentials in the YAML. Without the credentials it says no configuration flow found for custom_components.netatmo.

Is there any way to try it with HA 111.4?

Hi David, sorry for the delay. Here is an example. Let me know if that helps. I definitely need to write more documentation.

1 Like

Oh, now I get it! Works brilliantly! Will report issues, if any.

1 Like

Thanks. Best feedback to start my summer holidays. :heart:

I misses something… How to integrate new public-stations into 111.4? Please write some steps and i will test for you. I have real Netatmo account because i have Netatmo station at home…

You can’t. It has not been merged yet.

1. Remove your existing Netatmo integration
  2. Download this file and unzip it: https://github.com/cgtobi/home-assistant/archive/netatmo_weather.zip
  3. Copy/paste the entire folder homeassistant/components/netatmo inside custom_components/netatmo in your HA instance
  4. Restart HA
  5. Add the Netatmo integration via the UI
  6. Click on Options in the UI to add the public weather station service, and then follow as in the video by @cgtobi
2 Likes

For me, everything works, except the rain sensors. Any idea how I can solve this?

Is it possible that it didn’t rain or one of the available stations provides such data?

There are stations with rain sensors, so that should not be the issue.
But it didn’t rain indeed.