Netatmo public - gone forever?

You mean if I already added that integration?

Yes. I believe it’s better to remove the existing integration and re-add it once you added the custom component

Not working for me. Deleted all netatmo records in yaml (configuration and sensors), restart. After restarting unable to add Netatmo integration:

## Aborted

[%key:common::config_flow::abort::oauth2_missing_configuration%]

Is it completely removed from the UI?

After you’ve copy-pasted the folder, readd the netatmo records to yaml, and add the integration via the UI

I have successfully installed the component but I am unable to pinpoint the coordinates.
Any tips?

Just use google to find the coordinates. The UI component for selecting this on the map is not ready yet.

I have tried but it won’t work.

What do you mean by that? What doesn’t work? What are your expectations?

Sorry for being unclear. I have tried adding the following to stations but I don’t get any data.
Link 1
Link 2

Sorry, I still don’t understand. You can’t add individual public stations. You have to choose an area to average/max over.

You need to enter the latitude and longitude geographical coordinates of the top right corner and bottom left corner of a square around the desired location… not links to specific stations

1 Like

I know, I will explain what I have done.

1. On the Netatmo Weather Map I found two stations near my home.
  2. Found latitude and longitude for area that covers both stations.
  3. Entred the latitude and longitude in the integration.

However it is not working. I still get “No Stations available” in the log.

For me, so far working mostly great - thanks!

Observations:

• The rain sensor is often “not available” but sometimes - I think mostly when it rains, but not sure whether this is always the case - it has a value. When there are sensors that do not report rain, I would expect to see 0, but then I don’t know if the API allows you to distinguish that.
  • When I rename an entity in the UI, it changes its name back to the default after a restart. I believe this is a bug: if your entity has a unique_id, then it shouldn’t change after a restart.

Thanks for the feedback. I’ll look into that ASAP.

I can report the exact same behaviour here. The rain sensor is indeed quite often not available…

Same here - I’ve connected to 2 local stations. Both have rain and wind sensors data on weathermap.netatmo.com. Only 1 of the wind sensors is showing data in HA, other is ‘unavailable’. Both rain sensors are ‘unavailable’.

Now, the wind sensor that is ‘unavailable’ is showing 0 km/h on the netatmo website. Also, both rain sensors have 0mm in the last hour. So, I guess the custom component shows sensors as ‘unavailable’ when the value of the sensor is 0.

Also, entities change the name back to original after the restart.

Neatmo public now working for me (almost). Temp and wind sensors ok, rain sensor broken.

@cgtobi PR is merged and rain sensor still broken. What’s wrong? I have same observation as @DavidMStraub - entity sometimes available (i think when it rains) and most of time Unavailable.

It was merged an hour ago. As far as I know there hasn’t been a release in the last hour. There won’t be one for another 2 weeks.

cgtobi merged commit 155a5f7 into home-assistant:dev 1 hour ago

1 Like

Let me comment this with a screenshot:

As @nickrout pointed out already, it is not released yet.

1 Like