Network related issues after HA update 2022.5

I updated HA to 2022.5 and after that I got lot of network related issues. I have no idea how to fix these so I need your help. Before this update everything worked well for months. Now I can’t install anything from HACS because HA fails to connect to host. But everything else is working normally. I can control lights, sensors are working, automations are working, addons and integrations are working. So I think there is some network related issues…

Now I have errors like:

Download failed - Cannot connect to host objects.githubusercontent.com:443 ssl:default [Try again]
stderr: 'fatal: unable to access 'https://github.com/home-assistant/addons/': Could not resolve host: github.com'.
Failed to fetch VW-Group API tokens, Cannot connect to host mbboauth-1d.prd.ece.vwg-connect.com:443 ssl:default [Try again]

System Health shows no issues

Home Assistant Core 2022.5.0

Home Assistant Supervisor 2022.05.0

Home Assistant OS 7.6

Kernel version 5.10.108

1 Like

I have had various issues connecting to github.com in the past, that are not related to HA.

Can you open a browser and navigate to the repository: GitHub - home-assistant/addons: Docker add-ons for Home Assistant

If you can’t see that in a browser, it is not HA, but issues with connecting to github.com. My issues stemmed from DNS problems, where my router’s DNS server could not always resolve the github links.

If you can browse to that repo, then it may be something with your device / networking. What are you running HA on?

That Github link open just fine with my browser. Everything has worked for months but after 2022.5 update I got those errors.

HA is installed on Proxmox.

All previously (before 2022.5) installed integrations works fine. I just noticed that couple of HACS integrations have new update available (shown in HA settings page). I can not install those updates because of same kind of errors. (below some log when I tried to update Alarmo integration)

2022-05-05 21:58:26 DEBUG (SyncWorker_7) [custom_components.hacs] Backup for /config/custom_components/alarmo, created in /tmp/hacs_backup/alarmo
2022-05-05 21:58:26 DEBUG (MainThread) [custom_components.hacs] <Integration nielsfaber/alarmo> Local path is set to /config/custom_components/alarmo
2022-05-05 21:58:26 DEBUG (MainThread) [custom_components.hacs] <Integration nielsfaber/alarmo> Remote path is set to custom_components/alarmo
2022-05-05 21:58:26 DEBUG (MainThread) [custom_components.hacs] <Integration nielsfaber/alarmo> ref: v1.9.0 --- tag: v1.9.0
2022-05-05 21:58:26 DEBUG (MainThread) [custom_components.hacs] <QueueManager> Checking out tasks to execute
2022-05-05 21:58:26 DEBUG (MainThread) [custom_components.hacs] <QueueManager> Starting queue execution for 1 tasks
2022-05-05 21:58:26 DEBUG (MainThread) [custom_components.hacs] Downloading https://github.com/nielsfaber/alarmo/releases/download/v1.9.0/alarmo.zip
2022-05-05 21:58:31 ERROR (MainThread) [custom_components.hacs] Download failed - Cannot connect to host github.com:443 ssl:default [Try again]
1 Like

Same issue.

I was using the old configuration.yaml method for HACS and was getting the exact same error and I thought to test that if I removed this option and installed the integration instead would I still have the same error?

Lo and behold my Seat connect has started working and continues to work after reboots now too.

Not sure if this will help others, but it certainly worked for me :slight_smile: