🆕 Addon: Raspbery Pi Temp Sensor!

Hi,
I made an addon which creates a CPU Temperature sensor for Raspberry Pi.

Here it is in action.

Install:
Supervisor -> Add-on Store-> … -> Repositories

add https://github.com/adamoutler/HassioRPITempSensor
Then install and start the Addon

Source:

2 Likes

Very Good

Can you tell me the advantages over the standard RPi temperature sensor or is this monitoring the temperatures of ‘other’ Pi’s on your network ?

1 Like

I have no temp sensor on my Raspberry Pi 4 by default.

How about : -

sensor:
  ### command line
  - platform: command_line
    name: CPU Temperature
    command: "cat /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone0/temp" # RPi
#    command: "cat /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone2/temp" # NUC
    # If errors occur, remove degree symbol below
    unit_of_measurement: '°C'
    value_template: "{{ '%.1f' | format(value | multiply(0.001)) }}" # RPi & NUC
4 Likes

Yes. This is basically the same thing. But it’s an add-on.

So, the benefits of adding a sensor through an addon rather than direct as a command line sensor are ?

Edit: does your addon adapt its configuration depending on the platform it’s deployed on ?, that could be a benefit if someone doesn’t want to edit a text file.

1 Like

If it doesn’t work, let me know. I will make it work.

This is part 1, sensing. Next up is PWM Fan Control for DeskPi Pro and Argon One. Both of these units have active cooling, internal SSD support, and no support for fan control on Home Assistant. This addon will be a dependency.

I feel like the ability to install without editing configuration and rebooting is justification enough for this add-on.

4 Likes

Works pretty well… But it should display (chooseble?) in metric Celsius instead of Fahrenheit…
How about an option for this?

Not getting updated in main UI. i can see the charts in “History”
any possibility to change from F to C?

Yes. I will add a variable this weekend.

I added a configuration variable. CorF. Set to C for Celsius, or F if you’re F’in Awesome.

1 Like

thanks for addition. but to get to this page? i tried all possbile ways but unable to get C in lovelace dashboard
How to see this page? where to find?

Finally it worked

I’ve “installed” this addon. Thanks for this :+1:

is this still available in the current Argon One active cooling add-on? Ive got that working successfully, and turning on the fan per temp, but I cant find the sensor.cpu_temp at all?

Same here. The log reports temperature every 30 sec so you’d think there’d be one.

latest update on the Cooling add-on was updated with a temp attribute to the fan sensor. According to the docs however, it updates per 10 minutes… not sure if thats correct though, seems useless if it does

1 Like

There is a sensor.processor_temperature available in the systemmonitor platform which does the job.

1 Like

yes, I have that. thanks.

and the add-on sensor is updated on change, And per 10 minutes, as Adam explained me today in the Argon repo

On a related subject, I restarted HA this morning and the Argon fan speed sensor wasn’t available until I had restarted the add-on as well. Do you get that?