Simple Scheduler Addon

Any plans to add a dark mode option?

Not at the moment, sorry.
I never worried about themes… I’m a simple person, I use the default theme! :rofl:
@KnatteAnka what is the theme you are using? I will try to add it to my dev environment and try to understand how it looks…

I use default dark mode in home assistent😉
But any theme with dark gray would be great.

I’m a day-time user, and I still prefer dark-mode 24/7. I immediately turn it on everywhere I see it. Would love to have a dark-mode for your addon.

More important than that though, and I’ll buy you a beer for this, is adding “input_number” as a device choice. I control my fans in the house using input_numbers, which NodeRED responds to changing. I’d rather be able to directly change the input_number, than build a script for the sole purpose of your add-on can interface with it. I imagine this with an additional box that asks for what “number” to set it to at that time schedule. And then of course the other types of helpers, such as Input_select.

As much as I love black in real life (you should take a look at my closet :rofl:) I cannot stand dark mode on my PC, on any application, especially in IDE’s
Different strokes for different folks :grinning:
Anyway, I will consider that!

The real trouble about your input_numbers request is that the main activity of my addon is to call the service.turn_on and service.turn_off methods. As you can imagine, set a value to an input_number is a completely different method… :sweat_smile:

No worries, it makes sense to me.

I found a solution to what I needed while searching around a bit. In case anyone else reading this wants to control input_numbers and other helper types that are not simply on/off, this works quite well. As I post this, evidently it was already mentioned in this thread last year.

Good luck with that! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
That was one of the reasons I decided to write my own addon :sweat_smile:

It is working for me, I’m not sure what kind of luck I would need.

In my own experience (maybe I was unlucky) every time HACS or the card or the component was updated, I wasn’t unable to see the card in lovelace: it become “empty”.
So I was forced to do un update to see it again.
And then I had to flush the browser cache, which is easy (but also annoying) on the browser, but it is less easy in the android app.
But, as I said before, maybe I was unlucky, :sweat_smile:
If you find yourself comfortable with that component, no hard feelings :wink:

Hi ,

Thanks for this very nice “simple scheduler” but many of my automations are based on a condition " alarm mode state ( armed home , armed away … )" , so I cannot use this addon for such configuration as a conditional colomn “alarm mode” is missing for my need .

This is not a bug of course and is it something that can be implemented , if useful for the community ?

Thank you

Mean you would want a condition for it to trigger?
One way may be if the addon could be changed from node_red to enable or disable schedules

I think you are better off just sticking with automations in this case. This simple scheduler is meant for basic tasks. Either that or use the simple scheduler to trigger a script and then have the condition in your script.

Thanks @KnatteAnka and @sparkydave for your proposals.

I am not using Node red so I will trigger script when necessary.

NOTE : The use of scripts is not covered in the readme file in project github.
Is it possible to add this ?

@gerardsamara you will find your scripts listed in the dropdown.
NOTE: Only ON time is a valid option for a script. If you set a OFF time it will be ignored.
Have fun!

PS: if you look at the example picture on github project you will see a “script call” among others

1 Like

Have anyone managed to install this addon in a docker based installation of HA?

To use ANY addon (not just this one) you need a supervised install of HA:

The default installation with docker does not provide supervisor. Under certain condition you can install it, tho:

Version 0.33 is out

Added support for covers:

• Full open
  • Full close
  • Set to a given position (1% to 99%)

Take a look at the readme.md file for more details:

1 Like

Thank you so much for this :slight_smile: soooo much easier for simple timer based tasks kudos to you. :smiley:

1 Like

Version 0.35 is out

You can set the Temperature on a climate without turning it on (it works even if the climate is off)

Syntax:
18:30>TO22.5
(TO stand for Temperature Only)

Take a look at the readme.md file for more details:

1 Like

Hey, just wanted to come on here to say THANKS for this add-on. I installed this about 1½ yrs ago, set it up and left it be. I recently revisited this add-on to change a few things and noticed alot of work you’ve put into it since the last time I used it. So I just wanted to say thanks & :+1:

1 Like