New Aqara Human Presence Sensor FP1

Received my fp1 this morning and cannot get it paired with Deconz (conbee ii) at all. Turn on device discovery, hold reset button on device until light flashes, wait the full three mins for device discovery to run and nada.

Am I missing something? @fleeman and @bergasha, I see you have both succesfully paired with Deconz, is there something you did differently from the steps above?

Thanks. I’ll try the update then. Is there a changelog for this new firmware anyway?

Jumps from 0.01A to 0.05A in a constant rate tested with an CT-3 & FNB48
So max 0.2Watts.

1 Like

That’s all I did, mine paired on the first go too.

Does anybody know what the exact values are for the approach distance? Far, Medium and Near are not really helpfull in this case. I’m having a lot of false triggers of no presence, so I’m trying to figure out what the best setup is.
Right now I have it set to :
Approach distance: Medium
Monitoring mode: Undirected
Motion sensitivity: High

Even before I ordered my FP1 I started a project to make 60 GHz DIY sensors from an Infineon smartchip called BGT60. Since my FP1s do not work as well as I wished, I finally finished my first prototype last sunday.

When I enter my kitchen, my Infineon 60GHz prototype triggers much faster and better then my FP1. Unfortunately, I have, like some others here with the FP1 too, ghost-triggers.

If someone has fun to tinker with me, I would be very happy.

1m, 2m, 3m - those are values for both enter and leave events.
Edit: I didn’t remember that correctly. It’s for approach/away events.

The issue with mmWave is the fact that it’s so sensitive that anything can trigger it. Especially the 60GHz one. That’s probably why FP1 takes 6s to decide occupancy.

Unfortunately, this seems to be a fact. Sadly :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Therefore I am considering to combine my infineon-bgt60-cc2530 with an additional sensor like the HC-SR04 or an amg8833. In the end, this is not quite inexpensive but could be a pretty good presence sensor.

The problem I have is that it is not sensitive enough. I get nopresence events when people are in the room… Then again if 3m is the max distance that could be the problem…

The full range for sensor is 5m if I remember correctly (yup, it’s 5m according to Aqara), with 120° horizontal and 40° vertical. Those 1-3m are only for the approach/away events - I was wrong before, sorry.
The occupancy state should work within this area so if you device doesn’t see people it could mean that the area you’re trying to monitor is to big for one device or there’s some hardware issue.

1 Like

I have two… I’ll try the other one see if that one works better.

I would also be interested if somebody can say how the FP1 it is compared to the Aqara High Precision Motion Sensor RTCGQ13LM. I know these are two difference technologies, but both have IMHO the same goal to better detect small motions.

I just got one of these and I’m using a Norttek HUSBZB-1 dongle. It pairs fine in HA but there are no sensors. Is it a firmware issue?

It also shows up as:
unk_model
by unk_manufacturer

Of the 4 Aqara Human Presence Sensor FP1 I got 4 months ago, 1 stopped reporting in Z2M.
When powering it up, the blue LED blinks only twice instead of the normal 4 times.
I’ve tried different power supplies.
Did anybody encounter the issue? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Did you try to re-pair it? Probably it got dropped out from your zigbee network.

I did try, but the status light doesn’t blink, and it doesn’t get detected. All 4 have been updated to the latest version available in Z2M.

So anyone manage to get these fp1 to act reliably as a presence sensor?

If you use the resetting automation every 3 seconds, are the sensors reliable enough that they’ll detect me sitting still within the 3 seconds so that the lights don’t turn off while I’m in the room?

I have four. They worked reliably for the first week or so, but now they don’t seem to be turning off presence when I leave the room.

Thanks

It’s better to pair them with some other sensor to detect that person left the room. I’m using Hue but the RTCGQ13LM would be better if it weren’t so expensive.

how reliable is this? I have an almost similiar setup and it is very unreliable
grafik

Could it be possible that I am moving too few that I get recognized?