New Aqara Human Presence Sensor FP1

After I have removed it (force remove), reset the device maybe 3 or 4 times now it is included :slight_smile:

Just thought I’d check in on this. Has anyone successfully “excluded” a ceiling fan using regions? I’ve played with them but it seems to still only detect left/right and there’s no way to exclude the upper portion of this sensor?

Edit: I see what @liviu did above with the template sensors which I thought could be a solution. Section out each region into its own sensor, then combine all the non-fan regions into 1 new sensor and use that for occupancy. However in the few hours of testing, I’m finding not all actions seem to be captured. For example, the fp1 itself was showing unoccupied while zones 1, 5, 6 agreed, however zone 2 and 4 still showed occupied, 3 was showing entered, and 7/8 were showing left. So I’m not sure if it’s a matter of the action entity not capturing all actions or a matter of them not being sent. I’ll see if I can dig up the mqtt command that’s sent with the action and try using that instead

1 Like

the official aqara hub have the region function called “interference” you can add any area that cause the sensor to stuck at occupied. I borrowed a Aqara m2 hub to test my 2nd sensor which actually getting stucked at detected and was able to fix it with interference region where the stand fan is generally located. After that, I basically gave up using z2m and use the aqara hub to pair that fp1 sensor and expose the occupancy entity via homekit and integrate it to home assistant.

not until z2m figures out how to set this interference region, its going to be pain to use this presence sensor and might as well give up and just use aqara hub.

How can I trigger “enter” and “leave” event under home assistant automation?

I can only see “occupied” and “not occupied” under the conditions tab.

Many thanks!!

Screenshot2|690x213

Yes
Use trigger " When something changes state or any attributes" to enter or leave

Just was notified that Firmware Version 58 is out for FP1. All 6 of my FP1s are on version 54 - is there a changelog anywhere for these updates?

Yes, changelog for version 58 are listed here:

“updateLog”: “Change background learning time from 6 seconds to 30 seconds.”

1 Like

thanks! seems pretty minor, guess Ill hold off for now since everything works at the moment

1 Like

How do I initiate an upgrade from v54 to v58??
HA prompts but nothing seems to happen when I click INSTALL

You have to push the button on the back of the sensor to initiate the firmware upgrade. It takes about 1.5- 2 hours.

The problem was that the genOta endpoint was missing from Endpoint 1 > Output clusters for the device. I tried to get Z2M to fix it but had to force remove, restart Z2M and re-pair it. Then the genOta endpoint showed up and the button press from HA worked.

I been attempting to set up regions with no success, no matter what I try the Action Entity never changes from ‘Null’ on the device State

I have tried to update the Sensor Firmware from 54 to 58, re-pairing it a dozen times, Installed Z2M 1.35.2-1, even updated my coordinator firmware (ZBDongle-P 20230507) but nothing… Despite that, everything else from the sensor seem to be working fine, I can use the Main Presence Entity no problem and the Presence events work smoothly, but as many others, Regions are the main reason to get one of these.

Any suggestions?

Do you mean I have to click the “Install” link in HA first, then immediately tap the FP1 button on its back, or vice versa?

Can this be done directly through Zigbee2MQTT “OTA” dashboard?

I waited 1.5 hours the first time and after it completed, it still said version 54 on both Z2M and on the Device page in HA.

1 Like

Not suggest upgrade to v58, it’s unstable compare to v54
Do any one have the file ota of 54. I need my FP1 back to 54 T_T

Here I posted an OTA file to roll back the firmware to version 54.

1 Like

Sorry for noob question, After i unzip and put the file.ota in z2m directory + update override name file. It regconize there are fw to downgrade but when I click, the system show fail image

I think the result will be the same, but you can also try this modified firmware.

same issue here, I use firmware 54 with z2m 1.36.1-1

Same problem, please help…

My understanding is that regions can only be set up in their proprietary app (but after that they are supposed to work in Z2M). Which was why I never bought one.