New Hass.io images, based on HassOS

I was not able to connect to IP:8123. SSH was refused.

the web interface will show the HA logo for a bit but it will go blank/dead and will then load the GUI. You aren’t going to see anything interesting on the ssh screen.
don’t connect using ssh!!!

use your web browser. type in ip address:8123

you do not ssh to port 8123

Of course it has booted. What do you think generated all that text? A poltergeist?

1 Like

There are some issues with power supply on HassOS. My system boots, too, but I can’t connect to UI and Hass is not running. Check my other thread.

It’s there any method that I can download the old resinos?

1 Like

See my post here which has a link to it

Link

Any news regarding GPIOs on HassOS? Meanwhile updated to 1.10 and still edge detection is failing for RPi-RF Addon.

I am not sure whether this is related to GPIO issues, but I can’t get PiFace to work.

Logs:

Error during setup of component rpi_pfio
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/setup.py", line 148, in _async_setup_component
    component.setup, hass, processed_config)  # type: ignore
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 56, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/rpi_pfio.py", line 25, in setup
    pifacedigital = PFIO.PiFaceDigital()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pifacedigitalio/core.py", line 82, in __init__
    self.init_board()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pifacedigitalio/core.py", line 107, in init_board
    h=self.hardware_addr, b=self.bus, c=self.chip_select))
pifacedigitalio.core.NoPiFaceDigitalDetectedError: No PiFace Digital board detected (hardware_addr=0, bus=0, chip_select=0).

Detected hardware:

* serial:
  * /dev/ttyACM0
  * /dev/ttyAMA0
* input:
* disk:
* gpio:
  * gpiochip100
  * gpiochip0
  * gpiochip128
* audio:
  * 0:
    * name: bcm2835_alsa - bcm2835 ALSA
    * type: ALSA
    * devices:
      * 0: digital audio playback
      * 1: digital audio playback

Config.txt:

kernel=u-boot.bin
disable_splash=1
dtparam=audio=on
dtparam=spi=on

Host: HassOS 1.10
Supervisor: 128
Hass: 0.77.1

Would it be worth adding to the blog post that you should manually add additional add-on repositories before restoring backup, if you want those add-ons to be restored?

No, because you don’t!

Huh. They didn’t add to the restore until I added the repositories to a freshly booted install, and then restored?

That has happened to me when I restored a HassOS snapshot on A Debian system and might have happened when I changed from 32bit to 64bit but it’s not normal to need to do it.

Not sure what was the issue, my hassio was very slow after the new update. Now i am on rasbian and the worst part is i cant install hassos inside it.If anyone could help me on virtual machine installation on raspbian and running hassos ? need your inputs please

I had to do this today after migrating to HassOS.

I have also had to do this before when I have restored snapshots but I just moved to HassOS and the snapshot from resinos installed everything. Boot time is definitely longer on hassos - just over 5 minutes for me. Log shows various add-ons and services taking over 10 seconds to load. Http site feels very responsive.

I had to restore after the mess that was 79.0 and the repositories weren’t automatically added this time, however all the third party add-ons were. They’ve definitely changed something.

Hi,
are you able to install aeon z stick gen5 on HASSIO, and how do you do ?. Only hassio.
Or, end with HASSIO and start with hassbian.

Yes, check your HW configuration and add the lines to your configuration.yaml file.

zwave:
  usb_path: /dev/ttyACM0

You can check your HW config from Hassio > System > Host System > Hardware
On a Pi3, Mine shows both AMA0 and ACM0, I have always used ACM0.

When you go to add devices, do not remove the zwave stick and use the button, but instead, use the HomeAssistant menu "Configuration > Zwave "to add nodes. If you are using zwave plus devices and want secure connections, then you also need to set your network key and select the “add node secure” option.

• serial:
    • /dev/ttyAMA0
    • /dev/ttyACM0
1 Like

Just wanted to say thanks – I also got this when I moved from ResinOS to HassOS (and from a 16GB SD Card to a 64GB SD Card and from a Pi 3b to Pi3b+) and it messed up a bunch of things, including the configurator add-in and all my input value selects.

The configurator would run for a while and then crash – looking at the Pi HDMI out it ran out of memory and HassOS killed it.

I eventually deleted the home_assistantv2.db file via SSH and now everything seems fine (except AppDaemon, but will probably be able to fix that).

can anyone help i had hass.io on a pi2 but trying to upgrade to a pi3 b+, i have used etcher to flash the image but every time i plug the sd card in to the pi i get a solid red light and the green light flashes 3 times every few seconds.

Nath