New Hass.io images, based on HassOS

I am stuck in same point with “hassos_rpi3-1.7.img.gz” image, tested with and without USB for WIFI. the hassio.local never load and my screen connected directly to RPI only indicate

welcome to HassOS
hassio login: 

I cannot login too because I dont know wich is it. Do you know guys which is it?

1 Like

you should not have to login.
Try to see if you can find your hassio i the router and use its ip address directly in the browser like http://192.168.1.145:8123

1 Like

Some routers are hopeless at showing which host is what.

If you have an android device I highly recommend an app called fing which will scan your local network and present a nice list of hosts with their ip addresses, and a whole host[1] of other info.

[1] pun sorta intended.

1 Like

Default login password is: welcome
It’s in secrets.yaml file.

1 Like

For now it’s only for Pi yes, but support for more hardware is coming. Or have I misunderstood you?

Question, I see the 1.7 version of the image is out. If I use this, how do I upgrade the version later if 1.8 or 2.0 is launched? Hass itself is ok, but I take it the HassOS would like some upgrades as well. Just a sudo apt get upgrade?

TJ

Thanks I found it.

thanks,

I found that connected directly to RPI with keyboard the user is root and allowing to access the system.
However I dont find IP network assigned.

best Regards

Run

ifconfig

I’m having the same problem.

Is there any reason to avoid the 64bit image? I see the 32bit image is ‘recommended’?

Because it doesn’t work so well at the moment.

Limitation 64bit
The 64bit version is under development by RPi-Team. It work very nice but it could have some impacts. Actual we see that the SDcard access with ext4 are a bit slower than on 32bit.

Thanks… do you have a link for that?

Thanks for that…

OVA download link?

After having my config borked enough times on my PI now I think I want to try a VM.

the OVA download link, links to the docs section not to a download. Tried to convert the vmdk but no luck on my NAS.

OVA
The OVA stay for open virtual appliance. Currently we had remove the ova files and publish a vmdk virtual disk, until we have better OVF template to generate our OVA. This vmdk work with (maybe you need convert the disk):

HyperV
VirtualBox
VMware

Source: https://github.com/home-assistant/hassos/blob/dev/Documentation/boards/ova.md

I know what OVA stands for, the converted vmdk wouldn’t boot for me so I am not sure if it is a conversion issue or if the source was the problem.

ova loads easier in some virtualization setups.

Did you ever figure this out?

I went flawless on my headless Pi 3B from resin to Hasses without any issues. I have chosen the 32-bit version, since the 64-bit is still in development. It just takes some time it from booting until the web UI comes up.

Now I want to connect my rfxtrx433e which means that I need to specify the serial port. I did not find the serial port under /dev. Is Support for USB Serial devices missing in Hasses or was this moved to another place?