New Hass.io images, based on HassOS

I install HassOS to Raspbian Stretch Lite as Docker, but I can not install HA. Hassio folder content has all files, but the “homeassistant” subfolder is empty. Do anyone know, how can I figureout this problem?

root@raspberrypi:~# curl -sL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/home-assistant/hassio-build/master/install/hassio_install | bash -s -- -m raspberrypi3-64

[Info] Install supervisor docker
[Info] Install supervisor startup scripts
[Info] Install AppArmor scripts
[Info] Run Hass.io

I see this, but nothing happens.

Thanks

HassOS IS the OS. You can’t install HassOS IN Docker.

I think you are slightly confused on what HassOS is.

OK, but I have installed that as you advised from official link: [https://github.com/home-assistant/hassio-build/tree/master/install#install-hassio]. It’s probably not the OS but IO :slight_smile:

Excellent stuff - nice work. Migrated my system to hassIo 1.5 earlier today.

I hit a corrupt SD card on first attempt, but second attempt on another fresh 16gb class 10 went through fine,
Just has to adjust the DHCP reservation for the new RPI3B+ to match the original IP, and restore in the snapshot - all good using zwave.

Also I had to cut away a little plastic on an existing RPI2B+ case for it to be able to take the rpi3b+ board.

Couple of random questions;

• Is the HassOS base file system optimised for SD cards or does it have the same write load as the older ResinOS based ones?
  • How are update to the hassIO handled? Is it still; hassio supervisor update via the ssh prompt?

Is the general opinion still that the reliability of the RPI3b+ platform is help back by the reliability of SD cards in general?

Just on the startup time…
Today I restarted and got these warnings:

These first four: it doesn’t seem right to take this long to set up something so simple and I have never seen them before

2018-07-13 07:50:22 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup of group is taking over 10 seconds.
2018-07-13 07:50:22 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup of input_select is taking over 10 seconds.
2018-07-13 07:50:24 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup of input_text is taking over 10 seconds.
2018-07-13 07:50:25 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup of input_boolean is taking over 10 seconds.

This I always used to get so no change:

2018-07-13 07:50:33 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup of config is taking over 10 seconds.

This I started getting since v0.7x.x (not sure exactly) and I’d really like to know why:

2018-07-13 07:51:44 WARNING (SyncWorker_12) [soco.discovery] Can't make a discovery socket for 92.242.132.15: OSError: [Errno 99] Address not available

And this too is not new but included for completeness:

2018-07-13 07:52:11 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Timer got out of sync. Resetting

I’m just adding this info in case it is useful for anyone who might be looking into the slow start-up times

Hi I currently boot from a hard drive Don’t have clear access to micro slot as i put it in a combo case. Can I use the USB migrate?

Well that’s my question as well but no one is answering that question.

I have completed the upgrade! Everything seems to be working great Pi 3 B - 64bit image installed.
I only have one issue, binary sensors and device trackers seem to be reporting the opposite information to the histogram, ie if a binary sensor is off, the histogram view shows that it is on…
Also the logbook says there are no entries.

I tried both the 64 and 32 bit today in 2 different USB thumb drives and neither would Boot, tried an SD card, worked first time. Seems USB boot is an issue.

You’re confusing installing hass.IO into Docker running on raspbian with hass.OS which is a complete preconfigured OS with docker and a hass.IO container all in one ready to roll image.

No :slight_smile: For some reason I can`t install Hass.IO from this guide “hassio-build/install at master · home-assistant/hassio-build · GitHub” But nothing happens.
[Info] Install supervisor docker
[Info] Install supervisor startup scripts
[Info] Install AppArmor scripts
[Info] Run Hass.io
Hassio folder content has all files, but the “homeassistant” subfolder is empty.
For me works only one this installer: GitHub - dale3h/hassio-installer: Hass.io Installer for Raspberry Pi 3 B+ (Raspbian Stretch Lite) from dale3h.

anyone got it to boot from a USB drive and not a SD-Card?

I have the same issue. I have no logbook and no history.
Everything else seems to be working.
My install was the 64bit on a RPi3.

Can I access to boot partition?

Nope.

Just tried on my setup, which worked with resinos, but I couldn’t get it to boot off my USB-connected SSD.

For now I switched back to a SD card (that’s the beauty of the snapshots!)

1 Like

That’s actually a ‘yes’ or you wouldn’t have posted in this thread in the first place :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

No, you can only provide configuration through an additional USB stick at the moment. See the documentation a few posts above.

do you see anything like this in your log…?

Error executing query: (sqlite3.DatabaseError) database disk image is malformed [SQL: 'SELECT events.event_id AS events_event_id, events.event_type AS events_event_type, events.event_data AS events_event_data, events.origin AS events_origin, events.time_fired AS events_time_fired, events.created AS events_created \nFROM events LEFT OUTER JOIN states ON events.event_id = states.event_id \nWHERE events.event_type IN (?, ?, ?, ?) AND events.time_fired > ? AND events.time_fired < ? AND (states.last_updated = states.last_changed OR states.state_id IS NULL) ORDER BY events.time_fired'] [parameters: ('state_changed', 'logbook_entry', 'homeassistant_start', 'homeassistant_stop', '2018-07-13 04:00:00.000000', '2018-07-14 04:00:00.000000')] (Background on this error at: http://sqlalche.me/e/4xp6)

if so delete the “home_assistantv2” database file in /config (or cut it somewhere else) and restart, should be back to normal. :ok_hand:

That being said, you will loose your logbook history as you are deleting or removing the file that holds it all…

Yes, thank you. That did fix it for me.

I have installed this 5 times now. Everytime I edit the configurator.yaml file and reboot it gets stuck. I can’t access anymore. No one else is having this issue? I can play around and add samba ssh mosquito. But as soon as I edit anything in the configurator and reboot the system doesn’t connect?