New Hass.io images, based on HassOS

Are you doing a configuration check before rebooting? How are you rebooting.

How I access to boot partition?
We want to add gpio.
My problem:
2018-07-13 21:18:55 ERROR (SyncWorker_9) [homeassistant.components.sensor.onewire] No onewire sensor found. Check if dtoverlay=w1-gpio is in your /boot/config.txt. Check the mount_dir parameter if itā€™s defined

DuckDNS with Ngnix not working
Iā€™m running the DuckDNS and Nginx addons together, and Iā€™m no longer able to connect through to HA from the DuckDNS domain. My configs were recreated from a snapshot when I migrated to HassOS so there shouldnā€™t have been an issue there. Since then Iā€™ve deleted and re-added both of them but still no luck. Is there anything additional I need to do to integrate with the new security features in HassOS?

Thanks,

OK for some reason, with both a SD and the USB-SSD, I eventually end up loading the Hassio instance from the SSD, so all good.

HassOS? How did you get it to work?

Honnestly I donā€™t really know.

Hereā€™s what I did:

• I had a working (SD-less) Hassio install runing from my 32GB USB-SSD
  • I flashed HassOS over the USB-SSD, plugged it back --> didnā€™t boot at all (no IP assigned)
  • I fiddled (loaded raspbian, checked the USB-boot flag is properly set)
  • Retried the USB-SSD --> still didnā€™t boot
  • I decided to take my loss and wait for someone much more skilled to solve itā€¦ flashed hassos on a 4GB SD card, and booted. it worked
  • restored my snapshot, logged in by SSH, ran df -h. Surprise! itā€™s actually running from the USB-SSD (I forgot to unplug it)

If you unplug the SD-Card and reboot does it boot and work?

Nope, doesnā€™t work without the SD. It did with HassIO.

I need the SD in, and then it boots and seems to switch properly on the USB-SSD.

Yes so itā€™s still booting from the SD-Card. I suspect itā€™s running fully off the SD-Card. The USB seems to only be used to transfer files from the docs.

What happens if you do remove the USB and re-boot the Pi? I bet everything still works.

I can confirm this a bit later but it seems to be eating the disk space of the SSD (went from 2.3GB used to 2.7 after a few hours of logging on MariaDB). Iā€™ll try what you say though.

Well if it is writing to SSD that would be good newsā€¦ makes the SD-Card like a read only ROMā€¦ if the yaml files are there as well anywayā€¦

I get the same problem, so itā€™s not just you. I havenā€™t raised an issue yet though, simply because I was just doing it for playing with.

(VirtualBox 5.1 in my case)

Iā€™m brand new to this. But I setup a few switches and are playing around currently. My last setup the SD card crashed and I didnā€™t have a backup. So what Iā€™ve learned Im starting brand new again. All I did was copy the few lines at the bottom and move them up to organize. Then to test I rebooted. When I refresh the screen it defaults back to setup then canā€™t connect. Then setup then canā€™t connect in a continuous loop. Iā€™m setting this up exactly like I did before.

The only one Iā€™m touching is the config.yaml file right now.

(I just tried going back to resinos 1.3 and itā€™s working perfectly)

Isnā€™t working

Iā€™ve installed the new hassos on a pi3b+. Everything is working perfectly apart from videos from my two ffmpeg cameras.

I just get a title bar for them and no image.

Anyone else having problems with ffmpeg?

Cheers

Will

Trying to restart/rebuild my system from the ground up today, figured Iā€™d go with the new 64-bit imageā€¦ got it up and running fine but once I performed DuckDNS setup using this written guide as help: https://www.juanmtech.com/hassio-duckdns-add-on-set-up/ Iā€™m getting no UI at all now. Canā€™t even access via https://local_ip:8123 getting a ā€œCorrupted Content Errorā€ when I try to reach the UI via the local IP. I can see the config files via Samba Share and have a bunch of errors. When I performed the initial DuckDNS setup inside the UI the log there said everything worked fine. Hereā€™s the HA log Iā€™m getting after rebooting and updating my configuration.yaml with the info mentioned in step 3 of the guide:

2018-07-14 23:23:44 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup of config is taking over 10 seconds.
2018-07-14 23:23:57 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: SSL handshake failed
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "uvloop/sslproto.pyx", line 593, in uvloop.loop.SSLProtocol._on_handshake_complete
  File "uvloop/sslproto.pyx", line 171, in uvloop.loop._SSLPipe.feed_ssldata
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/ssl.py", line 689, in do_handshake
    self._sslobj.do_handshake()
ssl.SSLError: [SSL: HTTP_REQUEST] http request (_ssl.c:777)
2018-07-14 23:23:57 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: SSL error errno:1 reason: HTTP_REQUEST
  File "uvloop/sslproto.pyx", line 497, in uvloop.loop.SSLProtocol.data_received
  File "uvloop/sslproto.pyx", line 204, in uvloop.loop._SSLPipe.feed_ssldata
2018-07-14 23:23:58 ERROR (zeroconf-Engine) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: Task was destroyed but it is pending!
2018-07-14 23:24:10 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.device_tracker] Unable to load /config/known_devices.yaml: Config file not found: /config/known_devices.yaml
2018-07-14 23:24:18 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: SSL handshake failed
  File "uvloop/sslproto.pyx", line 593, in uvloop.loop.SSLProtocol._on_handshake_complete
2018-07-14 23:24:18 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: SSL error errno:1 reason: HTTP_REQUEST
2018-07-14 23:24:18 ERROR (SyncWorker_13) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: Task was destroyed but it is pending!
2018-07-14 23:24:48 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: SSL handshake failed
2018-07-14 23:24:48 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: SSL error errno:1 reason: HTTP_REQUEST
2018-07-14 23:25:49 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: SSL error errno:1 reason: SSLV3_ALERT_BAD_CERTIFICATE
  File "uvloop/sslproto.pyx", line 182, in uvloop.loop._SSLPipe.feed_ssldata
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/ssl.py", line 633, in read
    v = self._sslobj.read(len)
ssl.SSLError: [SSL: SSLV3_ALERT_BAD_CERTIFICATE] sslv3 alert bad certificate (_ssl.c:2217)
2018-07-14 23:25:50 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: SSL error errno:1 reason: SSLV3_ALERT_BAD_CERTIFICATE
  File "uvloop/sslproto.pyx", line 182, in uvloop.loop._SSLPipe.feed_ssldata
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/ssl.py", line 633, in read
    v = self._sslobj.read(len)
ssl.SSLError: [SSL: SSLV3_ALERT_BAD_CERTIFICATE] sslv3 alert bad certificate (_ssl.c:2217)

Please give us a nuc image!

//Regards

Iā€™ve just managed to get this running using the DuckDNS and Nginx addons and if you follow that route youā€™ll end up with a HA that can be accessed both externally and with a local IP address, and itā€™s a much simpler process to set up. For some reason after the update to HassOS i had to remove both of those addons, restart, then add them back in again.

Just remember that if you go with Nginx, youā€™ll need to have a single port forwarding rule that maps port 443 to port 443 on the IP address of your HassOS server (say your Raspberry Pi).

Thanks, I actually just barely realized what I was doing wrong so PSA to anyone looking to ā€œrestartā€ like I didā€¦ need to use a new DuckDNS account to get a new Token, I was getting tons of errors because I was using the same token as my previous install, once I setup a new DuckDNS everything works fine. I will need to do some reading up on the Nginx after I get come of my basic functions re-built.

Please read the thread