New IKEA Dirigera hub

Simple example to turn a lamp on or off by using the internal api of the Dirigera gateway.

6 Likes

Thankyou worked for me!!!
digits next to the little house icon.
I neede a xtra reboot of both home assistant, and dirigera. But then it worked/workes
Thankyou, made my day!

@m73 Nicely done! Just tested and it worked fine! I also tested to connect to port 8443 over web-socket with the access token retrieved by your poc code and it seems that a lot of different json messages are passed here.

I also have shortcut buttons detected, but only their battery levels - not the button press events.
I.e. the same behaviour as with the old IKEA hub.
Do you see the same?

I just got my hand on the new Hub yesterday. I now managed to connect it to Apple Home as a bridge. I can see the Motion Sensor and outlet . I do not have any Tradfri bulb, hoping to use HA to get input from the sensor as one of the triggers to turn on my Lifx smart lights. I also have a Tradfri on/off button (dimmer?) but it cannot be detected on Apple Home

Sorry I am very new to HA, do I have to connect HA to the Dirigera Hub. I tried to add a new device by search for Ikea, it only shows Tradfri. I used that anyway and add the 7-digit code (without hyphen) but no luck

Within Home Assistant I was able to create automations that responded to single and double Button presses.

Only have the single press option in the Ikea app.

If HA and the Dirigera are on the same network segment, you should have a notification in the HA app/Web interface that it found a new HomeKit controller.

EDIT

Ah, when creating an automation I can see various events from the IKEA shortcut button.
Just that they never seem to trigger when I press the button. Might be something in my HA env tho, I just noticed there are a bunch of homekit related errors in the logs.

The things available in automations seems to be

@BlackRose67

Huh. I can see the shortcut button in HA, but only battery level and identify entities.
I do have HA running on one subnet and the Dirigera connected on another subnet, but with mDNS set. up between the networks.
HA for example detected the Dirigera just fine, incl the lights, sensors, buttons defined in the IKEA app.
I can turn light bulbs on/off, but not see status of buttons. Or I am missing something (prob pretty likely… it’s late here)

as this is a new set up , I have a lot of new items popped up. I added a new HomeKit controller manually, it become a bridge on the Apple Home app but still did not find Dirigera Hub on HA

by the way, when I tried to add new device, I went to Apple then saw HomeKit and HomeKit controller, what is the difference ? Sorry for another dumb question

CleanShot 2022-11-07 at 11.16.36

Those are what I have as well.

Oddly, my Shortcut button isn’t firing when I try them now.

They were working the other day when I created automations for single_press and double_press events.

Similar thing here.
I added-removed-readded that shortcut button at least 5 times and then it suddenly worked. No idea what I did different that time (if anything at all).
Now it’s been working for a solid 8-9 hours! \o/

… Having tried 10+ times now it seems the Trådfri remote (round thing, on/off button in middle and 4 buttons around the perimeter) can be added to Dirigera using IKEA’s mobile app, but does not show up in HA at all. No battery, no nothing. So far.

Same here. Managed to add IKEA hub but tradfri remote not appearing in HA. However, light is appearing.
I can see both in IKEA app though :thinking:

The on/off dimmer and Styrbar buttons also don’t show up.

Anything not compatible with HomeKit won’t display.

Not sure, but I think the firmware on the Dirigera was updated.

My shortcut button works fine with a scene on the hub, but is not working within HA.

Another odd thing, I went through the process of adding the shortcut button to the Dirigera without deleting the old instance.
It added a new device instead of indicating that particular device was already connected :man_shrugging:

I’ve been able to detect and pair with the Dirigera using the 8 digit code, but the Tradfri remotes I have are also not detected in HA.

It’s being added as a HomeKit controller, so anything not HomeKit compatible won’t show up.

1 Like

And what is and what isn’t HomeKit compatible from the Tradfri (IKEA) line-up?

Most of the buttons and remotes.

I have the on/off dimmer, Styrbar, and shortcut Button connected to my Dirigera.

Only the shortcut Button shows up in HA.