New IKEA Dirigera hub

I connected 2 Tradfri motion sensors to the Dirigera hub but when I link the Ikea Home Smart app to my Google Home app, it tells me no devices are detected. :frowning: can anyone advise?

Ddid you validate your email adress in the ikea app, thats needed for google and alexa integrations to work

More hardware needed. Switch with monitoring port between Dirigera and Home Smart app. with wireshark will hopefully clarify some bits and bytes.

Anyone else out there that has identified something behind port 8443/9000 or 8082?

(All of this above is a concern for the native integration and not the one using HomeKit)

I can help you with that. I have a Dirigera attached to my switch with mirroring port capability and was able to capture traffic between my Iphone and the Dirigera hub. If you’re interested to receive the pcap file please drop me a dm.
From what I can tell, the local traffic is a TLS encrypted connection on Dirigera’s port 8443. In this recorded conversation I toggled two lights, dimmed then in between switching them on and off, and created a new room “Raum 4”. The newly created room “Raum 4” then was deleted again.

Fixed a switch, but thanks anyway. Capture when adding a hub would be the next step + more jdax digging

1 Like

Some variables are hard to get (name for property name and exact look of code_challenge). Some trial and error before banging the head in the wall. New ideas needed.

Actual status for the moment is:
{‘error’: ‘Error’, ‘message’: ‘PKCE failed.’}

5 Likes

I was able to record a decrypted pairing sequence (tampered APK+MITM): dirigera.pcapng - Google Drive

Hope that helps to cope the PKCE error…

Ok, i managed to pair my Dirigera by small java program: GitHub - dvdgeisler/DirigeraClient

6 Likes

Great work @Tamagotchi. Now its time for api/endpoint-testing to see if ”local” control maps the one from the app.

Hopefully we have some ”unofficial” api spec. soon.

Nice Java-exemple by the way :+1:. Some more trial and error tomorrow here in Sweden.

Simple example to turn a lamp on or off by using the internal api of the Dirigera gateway.

6 Likes

Thankyou worked for me!!!
digits next to the little house icon.
I neede a xtra reboot of both home assistant, and dirigera. But then it worked/workes
Thankyou, made my day!

@m73 Nicely done! Just tested and it worked fine! I also tested to connect to port 8443 over web-socket with the access token retrieved by your poc code and it seems that a lot of different json messages are passed here.

I also have shortcut buttons detected, but only their battery levels - not the button press events.
I.e. the same behaviour as with the old IKEA hub.
Do you see the same?

I just got my hand on the new Hub yesterday. I now managed to connect it to Apple Home as a bridge. I can see the Motion Sensor and outlet . I do not have any Tradfri bulb, hoping to use HA to get input from the sensor as one of the triggers to turn on my Lifx smart lights. I also have a Tradfri on/off button (dimmer?) but it cannot be detected on Apple Home

Sorry I am very new to HA, do I have to connect HA to the Dirigera Hub. I tried to add a new device by search for Ikea, it only shows Tradfri. I used that anyway and add the 7-digit code (without hyphen) but no luck

Within Home Assistant I was able to create automations that responded to single and double Button presses.

Only have the single press option in the Ikea app.

If HA and the Dirigera are on the same network segment, you should have a notification in the HA app/Web interface that it found a new HomeKit controller.

EDIT

Ah, when creating an automation I can see various events from the IKEA shortcut button.
Just that they never seem to trigger when I press the button. Might be something in my HA env tho, I just noticed there are a bunch of homekit related errors in the logs.

The things available in automations seems to be

@BlackRose67

Huh. I can see the shortcut button in HA, but only battery level and identify entities.
I do have HA running on one subnet and the Dirigera connected on another subnet, but with mDNS set. up between the networks.
HA for example detected the Dirigera just fine, incl the lights, sensors, buttons defined in the IKEA app.
I can turn light bulbs on/off, but not see status of buttons. Or I am missing something (prob pretty likely… it’s late here)

as this is a new set up , I have a lot of new items popped up. I added a new HomeKit controller manually, it become a bridge on the Apple Home app but still did not find Dirigera Hub on HA

by the way, when I tried to add new device, I went to Apple then saw HomeKit and HomeKit controller, what is the difference ? Sorry for another dumb question

CleanShot 2022-11-07 at 11.16.36

Those are what I have as well.

Oddly, my Shortcut button isn’t firing when I try them now.

They were working the other day when I created automations for single_press and double_press events.